GO!

2 cats, 2 litterboxes?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Chandran

The Pretty Boy

Purred: Mon Aug 22, '05 12:54pm PST 
I think the cats always get to dictate how many boxes are needed and who gets which box. I got extremely lucky with my cats. I have 6 of them and only 2 boxes! I wouldn't typically recommend this but it works perfectly for my guys. They're all so used to each other that they don't even mind going two at a time in a box.
[notify]

Hattie

NaMeowSte

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '05 5:31pm PST 
It definitely depends on the cat. I am an "only" cat and I have three litterboxes (my human is a bit nutty since I used to have litter box issues. She says, "rather to clean out an extra box than to clean cat pee out of the rug!"). I like using different boxes for poop and pee. And many experts say it should be enough boxes to have one for each kitty, plus one, in case one of the kitties starts guarding one and not letting the other kitty use it. But if you are learning together as kittens, maybe you won't have this problem.
[notify]

Duchess

Law of Cat- Obedience As yet- undiscovered

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '05 8:56pm PST 
I Like My own Box thank you. Mama brought home a new kitten this week, and I just don't like her one bit. So Ive been sleeping in my box ( and guarding my bowls.) I'm not sharing!!!,(that'll teach her)!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2