GO!

why do my cats roll in poop?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Bianchina

Let me come with- you

Purred: Sat Oct 25, '08 2:15pm PST 
Two of my cats have come home completely covered in it on two different occasions! Not just a little bit, but really smeared all over. My husband and I don't know what to think, cat fight? They did it on purpose? What's going on??
[notify]

Pepsi

FRISKY=RISKY,- SPAY & NEUTER!

Purred: Sat Oct 25, '08 4:43pm PST 
Hmmmm...I don't know. Mostly, cats don't like to get poo on 'emshrug
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 3:23am PST 
You don't have any mean kids in your neighborhood do you? I have never, ever, heard of a kitty that liked rolling in anything nasty.
[notify]

Bianchina

Let me come with- you

Purred: Sun Oct 26, '08 3:55am PST 
I don't think it's kids. Infact, I couldn't find anything on the internet about it and so I'm confused. This has happened first with Valentino (masc.) and then with Bianchina (fem) They sometimes pal around with their mamma who lives on the property but is wild and there's a ner'do well cat we call Rufus that hans around sometimes who eats their food and they don't seem to get along. He could be their father but they don't seem to get along. Both times it happened, the cats came home late at night and we did not notice immediately what had happened.
[notify]

Jeane

Purred: Thu Jan 26, '12 11:19am PST 
I know this is a really old post but I made an account just so I could reply.
My cat also has done this.
She is an indoor cat.
But last week she must have went outside after I got my food delivery at the door.
We were talking up a storm.
She didn't meow like usual with her playful self so after realizing she was gone I opened the back screen door.
Then I hear the bell I have on her collar.
She was completely covered in filth.
I thought it was mud at first.
Then, that stench after pouring water on her.
It was pretty bad.
I think maybe our cats have the mentality of dogs.
Dogs are known for doing this.
I just wanted to post to let you know you are not the only one.
[notify]