GO!

I want to go outside!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Gynxsy

Got any Food?

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '05 9:20am PST 
I want to go outside soooo bad! I look out the window all day and when mommy or daddy try to leave i want to too! I try to run out a couple of times but they always catch me. Daddy says once they get a leash for me he is scared i will run out the door without my leash. I have never been outside unless they hold me. How do I get rid of the urge to run out? Is it ok for daddy to buy me a leash or will that make me run out without my leash? I am over a year old now and only recently have tried to go out.
[notify]

Puanani

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '05 6:41pm PST 
hey hun... I'm with you on wanting to go out also... what my mom did is she made a harness for me... and hooks me to the retractable leashes.... so this way I can sit outside and yet roam just a bit. so yeah have your mom and dad get you a harness... I'm a indoor cat but am allowed to be outdoors when my mom is outside... them lizards love to tease me by the window....
[notify]

Gynxsy

Got any Food?

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '05 6:25pm PST 
Thank you so much! Mommy bought me a leash and a harness but guess what~ she put it on me and opened the door and i just laid down i did not even go outside! she picked me up and took me out and i came back in..... Oh well, guess i was wrong about the wonderful ooutside world!
[notify]

Gynxsy

Got any Food?

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '05 6:26pm PST 
Thank you so much! Mommy bought me a leash and a harness but guess what~ she put it on me and opened the door and i just laid down i did not even go outside! she picked me up and took me out and i came back in..... Oh well, guess i was wrong about the wonderful ooutside world!
[notify]