GO!

HELP!!Fixed Male Cat Peeing All Over The Place!!!HELP!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Murphy

Come to think of- it, I like- everyone!!!!

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 2:07pm PST 
I need help fast!!!! I PEE on things. the floor, the humans matress, the hallway cabinet, tried the couch but was caught. Clothes, shoes, footlocker. I pee mostly in the bedroom next to my fav humans side of the bed.
This is a list of what the humans have done to make me stop.
new litter
new cat box
new food for healthy urine tract.
Plug in hormone therapy
more toys
vets
shots
liquid meds in mouth with squirter.
more attention giving
catnip
cleaning the spots i nailed.
banning me from the bedroom.
and i still pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the cat box can be spotless and i pee.
the vet said there aint nothing wrong with me med wise.
so,,now what??
the humans are talking ´´foster home´´ if this does not stop. Iam basicaly ruining the place.
could it be that iam protesting the fact my owners smoke? cause thats the only thing around the place that i dont like is cig smoke.
any one else had the same problem? ive done this off and on for the 5 yrs ive lived here. cept now its EVERYDAY that i pee on the bathroom floor!!!!!
thanks for any help some of ya might have: I should add that i drink alot of water daily and dont pee for up to 8 hrs then its a flood. i pee twice a day cause the humans have to clean the floor twice a day. I dont poop on anything i make sure i use the cat box for that.
my cat boxes are coverd ones with the swinging door things taken off cause it use to freak me out. both are large coverd cat boxes too.
both are in the bathroom where they have been for 4 yrs.
thanks again!!!!.

regards
a worried murphy frown
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 5:46pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your problem, Murphy! :-(

I don't know if cigarette smoke would cause your problem, but it is definitely not healthy for you or your humans so I'm sure if they quit it couldn't possibly HURT, and it might help.

Maybe removing the covers from your litter boxes might help, since you seem to prefer going in the open?

It's probably not a bad idea to get a second opinion from another vet, since extreme thirst is a symptom of kidney problems. Maybe the vet you're going to is missing something. If not, maybe you can get a referral to a behaviorist?

Good luck overcoming your problem! We're rooting for you!

We found this website, too, that has some more ideas:
Peeing Outside the Box

Tiek

Eye have a- singular point- of view

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '05 7:42pm PST 
Peeing in weird place (bathtub, sink) is what I do when I have some kind of urinary tract infection or other illness. I would get a second opinion...could be something (not behavioral) going on here, especially with the water drinking. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
[notify]

Button

Purred: Wed Oct 12, '05 6:34pm PST 
Have you tried feliway comfort zone diffuser and spray? Button was having litter-box related problems, and the feliway has helped a lot. The vet also suggested antidepressants, which we tried. I didn't like how they affected Button, but they might work for you. Good luck!
[notify]

Wilma

If it smells- good, it must be- food.

Purred: Tue Oct 18, '05 8:44am PST 
Hello Murphy!

Are you feeling stressed out lately? It could be the cause of why you are peeing all over the place.

When my mommy brings me to the vet, I get really stressed because I hate being in the carrier, and then I start peeing even though I know I shouldn't be doing it.

I hope this helps you somewhat.
[notify]

Fluffy

Did I pee on- this yet?

Purred: Thu Oct 20, '05 6:02pm PST 
FLUFFY IS THE SAME! But she's a spayed female and sprays. She will pee in the open washer/dryer!
We thought it was a UTI but she's never tested positive for anything (she's 11 now) and we've just learned to live with it. We've changed all the flooring in the house to hard for easy clean up. We tried every cleaner in the store/mail order/home made.
[notify]

Fluffy

Did I pee on- this yet?

Purred: Thu Oct 20, '05 6:02pm PST 
FLUFFY IS THE SAME! But she's a spayed female and sprays. She will pee in the open washer/dryer!
We thought it was a UTI but she's never tested positive for anything (she's 11 now) and we've just learned to live with it. We've changed all the flooring in the house to hard for easy clean up. We tried every cleaner in the store/mail order/home made.
[notify]

uni- (ooo-knee)

bengal beauty

Purred: Sat Oct 22, '05 10:26am PST 
i have the same problem but less extreme. my mom has to be very secretive about my peeing problem or daddy will send me back to the breeder. i'm new at my house and the first couple days i peed on the comforter and the dog beds. even though they were cleaned i still want to pee on them. other than that, i am really good at using the litter box. i think mom is going to buy the cat attract litter soon.
[notify]

Leo

I'm only wee,- me!

Purred: Sun Oct 23, '05 4:51am PST 
I go pee pee all over the place too and it drives my mummy and daddy round the bend! I also like to poop on the floor just outside the litter tray - isn't that clever?!

My brother and sister and I used to have covered litter trays until my mummy sussed out that I was too frightened to go in there (even with the swinging doors taken off). She has now taken the tops off and slowly but surely I am learning to use my cat loo like a big boy! The vet told mummy that she should put an open litter tray right on the spot where I always like to go. The next day, I went over to my spot to do a poo and low and behold there was an open, clean litter tray there so I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a go" and it was fine! When mummy saw that I used the litter tray she gave me loads of love and praise and cuddles and I really did feel like a clever boy!

I do have the odd pee-pee accident on soft stuff (I like a place where I think it will get soaked up and no one will find out) still from time to time - especially when mummy forgets to clean all the yucky poops from my tray! But mummy makes sure to clean what ever I pee on with a special odour removal spray that she got at the pet food shop so I can't smell my pee pee and go in the same place again.

I know I am a clever boy and I want to make mummy and daddy proud but it's not an overnight thing and I still make mistakes. Mummy has loads of paitience with me but daddy does threaten to send me off to the cats home sometimes! I know that is only because he is frustrated by my accidents.

I really hope that both of us can sort ourselves out and make our parents happy! Maybe your mummy can try to put an open litter tray where you have your accidents most of the time. The vet told my mummy that once I got the hang of going in the tray, she could start to move the tray back to it's normal spot at the rate of about one foot per day.

Good luck matey!
[notify]