GO!

I dont like going Potty outside !

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Ruby Rainbow- Koch

Little Star

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '05 8:50am PST 
Help Im 6 mouths old and Im still going in the house , My owner has tryed everything with me and she still cant get me to go out side . For some reson she thinks im unsually hard to train .
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '05 9:14am PST 
Doesn't Ruby have a litterbox inside? In other words, is she peeing outside of her litterbox. Then you have another problem!
Perhaps after having such a traumatic time outside, Ruby wants to be an INDOOR kitty. She's still young at 6 mths so you need to let her adjust to her new home and routine. But don't try and "force" her to go outside if it upsets her.
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '05 10:36am PST 
Maybe your neighbors are chasing her away from their flower boxes and their kids' sand boxes.

Let her use a litter box indoors. She's much safer inside, anyway. You might not enjoy the idea of having to clean up after her, but it's just part of being a pet owner.

Ruby Rainbow- Koch

Little Star

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '05 11:20am PST 
Well usely she gos out side , when we 1st took her in she would go out side but then she slowly being to start going in the house , she will do it right in frount of us . Its not like it start off bad it was like once every few weeks , now shes up to doing it everyday .

I know she does not want to be a indoor cat becaus she loves going outside just as much as coming back inside .
Shes a really happy kitty and I love her , but I really dont know what to do about this issue
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Jul 18, '05 12:00pm PST 
It seems that Ruby is using a litterbox inside. I think you can still let Ruby enjoy the "great outdoors" by a) putting a kitty collars/harness on her and taking her for walks, or, b) building a kitty enclosure in your backyard. She could safely watch the world go by. When you let her out where does she "do her business"? In your yard? Or your neighbours? I think Ruby is wise in "telling you" that she wants to use her indoor litterbox ...
[notify]

Selket

Fiend #1.

Purred: Wed Jul 20, '05 11:11pm PST 
We have heard our cat mother talking about other kitties before us... sometimes when they had urinary tract infections or were sick, they would poop or pee where she could see it. Have you had a vet check just to be sure?
[notify]

Pepsi Cola

"Sticka Nose ina- Business"

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '05 5:05am PST 
Some of the main causes of a kitty not using their indoor potty is that it may not be clean or is too small or the kitty doesn't like the type of litter being used. My Dad cleans ours everyday and tops it up if it needs it. Being there are 3 cats here, we have a "HUGE" potty. We use one of those plastic underbed storage boxes. It is great, it's almost like being outside, and it has enough room for 2 at a time, if you can't wait, lol. Check out my pictures and you'll see what I mean. I'm the one on the left and that's my brother Mickey, he's older than me by 2 years.
Another thing is, if you see the kitty going somewhere else, you have to quickly take them and put them on the potty to finish their business there. After a few times, they'll learn what's it for.
I've heard of people that rub the kitty's nose in the mess that they make, but that is a "NO NO", it is mean and doesn't accomplish anything !!!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Jul 22, '05 8:10pm PST 
I love going potty outside! I was trained to go inside for a very short time when I was a kitten. You know--You could try putting the litter box outside and see if the kitty will go there. It may work! smile
[notify]

Merlyn

Purred: Mon Jul 25, '05 7:39pm PST 
Does she not have a litter box, inside? Or is it that you want her to go outside, so you don't have the litter box issues, with cleaning and such?
If she doesn't already have one - get her a litter box. Teach her to use it, and every day, move it closer and closer to the door. She will pick up her scent, and go for it. Then, once it's right by the door, move it RIGHT outside. She'll learn to go to the door and let you know when she needs to potty, and then you can just let her out to do her business. After a few days, you should be okay to take the litter box away, and she'll just know to "tell" you when she needs to go outside.
[notify]

Ruby Rainbow- Koch

Little Star

Purred: Tue Aug 9, '05 1:42am PST 
Update : Im going outside ! The reson I kept going in the house is becaus I dident know how to get the door to open , asoon as I started talking to it my mommy would open it . So now Iv only gone one time since my post in the house .
[notify]