GO!

Urinating outside of box

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

HIMS

oooohhh- laaalllaaaa

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 6:56pm PST 
Hi there a few times I have peed right outside of the litter box opening on the floor. There was really no reason for this, the litter was clean and it was the usual brand. Any reasons why I may do this sometimes? And what can mom do to help me not to do this?
[notify]

Twinkie

Definate- tortie-tude

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 7:42pm PST 
You may have the same problem I had a few months ago. A urinary tract infection. This is the most common reason for cats who "pee" outside their litterbox. Your vet will need to prescribe some medicine.

You can also look in Cat Health forums for several threads that have been made regarding this subject. You may have to go back to some of the other pages on that forum to find them. There may be some in this thread as well on some of the other pages. I am sure you can find some valuable info on them.
[notify]

Azurine- Ambrosia

I DID NOT DO IT

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 10:19am PST 
if you have always wee wee in the liter then it very well could be a urinary track problem.. I got crystals once and I wee wee on the bed, but not again. I was sicky mom should have you checked out..
[notify]

Soleil

Will eat- anything

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 6:36pm PST 
Hi tell mom run dont walk with you to the vet! That is a big clue that something is wrong with you! Trust me this house has been there more than once! Good luck and lots of purrs
[notify]

Sophie

Little Pink- Nosies Rule!

Purred: Sun Mar 12, '06 1:25pm PST 
I believe that most instances of a kitty not using the litter box are because of health problems. I agree with the other cats, you really do need to see your vet.
Please let us know what happens and how you are doing. smile
[notify]

HIMS

oooohhh- laaalllaaaa

Purred: Mon Mar 13, '06 11:34am PST 
Well I am going to the vet this week Thursday for the yearly shots, Ill ask then.
[notify]