GO!

Playing with poo?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Simone

Total sweetheart

Purred: Thu Mar 9, '06 11:08pm PST 
Mom's getting frustrated with me... I like to fish the poo out of the litter box and play hockey with it! I don't understand the problem, but she sure gets disgusted when she finds a piece somewhere.

She used to think that I was just an overzealous digger until she witnessed me reaching into the box and fishing a piece out. Darn! She scoops the box twice a day, but sometimes I'm still too fast for her!

Does anyone have a suggestion for her to help me stop this? She has lots and lots of toys for me and I play with them too, but the poo is like magic to me! WHEEE!!!
[notify]

Pooky

King of the- pride

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 6:17am PST 
Hi Simone!
I like flushing the toilet, but I can't say I've ever played with poo!
The only suggestion I have is could you try a covered litter tray? At least it would make it harder to flick the poo out ......
Good luck!
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 6:23am PST 
Well, I suppose there are the automatic, self-scooping litter boxes. I don't know how they are, since we've never tried one but I'm sure there are cats here who can tell you about them. Or even some type of box with high enough sides that you can't bat stuff out of it?

Just a couple of ideas.

Good luck overcoming your habit!

Simone

Total sweetheart

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 7:48am PST 
Hi Pooky and Arthur!

We do have a covered litterbox because we both like to really fling the litter when we dig, I'm just talented enough to be able to fish it out. Mom's not really able to get an automated litterbox either... they're so expensive! Do you think they rent them somewhere? If she could rent one for a few weeks, it might be enough to break me of my habit. hehe
[notify]

Benjamin

Make way for- me!

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 12:43pm PST 
Have you thought about the new kind of litter box that has the opening on the top? You'd have to jump in to use it, but I don't think you could get any poo out. smile
We've seen them at PetSmart.

(Edited for spelling frown )

Edited by author Sun Mar 12, '06 1:26pm PST

[notify]

Tiki

Here comes- trouble

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 2:35pm PST 
Good idea Benjamin!

Are you still a kitten? I have heard of cats doing this but it is usually when they are kittens and they usually grow out of it. Or so we hope. heehee

Are you bored? Maybe your mom could rotate what toys you have out every other day or so. Just a thought.
[notify]

Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 4:01pm PST 
You flush the toilet Pooky? You remind me of that cat Jinx in Meet the Fockers, he was trained to flush too! I wish I could do that, It would drive Mommy crazier than she already is!!
[notify]

Azurine- Ambrosia

I DID NOT DO IT

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 10:20am PST 
are you a kitten,sometimes kittens do that,, I not do that, I not even touch it, I not like it, mommsy says, I cover up everything but the poo.. I a lady, I not touch it
[notify]

Simone

Total sweetheart

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 2:55pm PST 
So this is a kitten thing? I'm almost 11 months old, so that's still "kitten", right? Mom'll be glad to hear that it's something that I should outgrow!

She'd get one of the other litterboxes that you go through the top, but she's not sure how Kenya will do with it since she's so big... 14 lbs and mom thinks she might be having troubles with jumping lately (not alot, but some).

Thanks for your suggestions... I think it's fun, but mom still thinks it's gross! Wheee!!!
[notify]

Loki

Me ME

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 6:27pm PST 
Rolling on the floor laughing!! Thats gross! I like to play in the box but mostly cause I like to dig but never fish anything out!!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2