GO!

I wont let my parents sleep!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Squeakers- (Gone Too- Soon)

Furever my love

Purred: Mon Mar 6, '06 8:07pm PST 
These paws were made for walkin'
And that's just what they'll do
Every morning these paws
Are gonna walk all over you!

I wake Mommy up at the same time every morning. I don't care if it's the weekend or not! If I don't wake her, and she oversleeps, ahe yells at me. So now, I just wake her seven days a week!
I start by lightly tapping at her shoulder, than batting, then kneading. She then rolls over and says "Squeakers, it's Saturday." and rolls over and goes back to sleep!
Then, I start walking all over her, if she's lying on her side, it's not easy, but cats can walk on fences, and Mommy is thicker than a fence! Finally, before I break her ribs, she finally gets up!

I should get paid for this. But I just get yelled at!

Edited by author Fri Mar 10, '06 4:03pm PST

[notify]

Micky

I AM the Treat- Man

Purred: Thu Mar 9, '06 5:55am PST 
I too went through a phase of noise. My mom thinks it was kitty hormone related. Eventually I got fixed (didn't know I was broken!). But it could be that you just can't help yourself. Mom tried shaking a pill bottle (pennies in a jar works too). Dad would always get up and chase me, which was such fun (and didn't work to stop me being noisy). I have to admit though, that the best tactic to take is the ignore one. If the kitty gets a reaction, then he wins. If the human ignores you, eventually the kitty gives up.
[notify]

Jasmine

Freak-Out!

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 11:45pm PST 
Every cat at this house loves to bother people at 3am!

A fellow cat in our house started making a habit of pawing the bedroom door and meowing loudly, demanding to be let in at night.
To stop the noise-making, a water spray-bottle was kept by the door.

Whenever he started that distinct yowling at the door, it was opened up and he got a squirt! He would run off and not try it again for awhile.
If we "gave in" occationally, he would just try it more often.

Whatever you try, be consistent with your actions and I'm sure your cat will give up! (Hopefully!)
[notify]

Axle

Yumm ... fingers- ...

Purred: Mon Mar 13, '06 6:09am PST 
Oh my yes. Me too. I got to where I can ignore/tolerate the water squirts, and closing any doors or crating me only makes me worse.

However last night was the FIRST night I slept all night, curled up against mommy's side. She was so happy that I might try it again.
[notify]

Tinah ( we- miss our- Princess)

I am the- Princess

Purred: Sun Mar 26, '06 8:32pm PST 
I am keep my parents up too. I start at about four am and keep it up on and off until mom gets up at eight. I guess I am a challenge. I am far from being a kitten, in fact I am quite senior. We have an apartment that only really has two rooms only one little door between me and them if they make me leave the bedroom. To top it off I don't really like toys or to chase things. I think that makes it hard for them to tire me out. I don't really want anything I have plenty of food. I just think they should get up and hang out with me. Mom says as soon as squirt guns go on sale I am in for some trouble, but I am not sure what she is talking about.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3