GO!

Water-tower woes

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
SiMoN

Magician- Extraordinaire

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '05 5:50pm PST 
Hello all you catsters! I've been giving my mom and dad a fit recently with my water tower. This is the third water dish/device my mom has bought for me...and I LOVE to knock it over and spill water all over the floor! I've done this with a smaller tower, a food/water dish and my new tower. I actually created a domino-effect with the water and food tower earlier this week, soaking most of my dry food. Mom has tried moving it around to different locations and even in a corner, and I still manage to knock it over. Dad doesn't like it AT ALL! Last time I spilt water, he stuck my paws in it (which I don't like), but I just keep on pushing around and knocking over the tower. I'm ruining the kitchen floor! Mom has tried mats and a plasic dish holder...Any suggestions to break me from the habit or of a sturdier way to secure them? I usually do this when mom and dad are gone or asleep, so they never really catch me in the act to discipline me on the spot with a firm 'no' and the water bottle (eeek), which usually works with my other misbehavings.
[notify]

Ditto

Well-behaved- cats rarely make- history.

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '05 6:00pm PST 
MOL!! That is hilarious! I gotta get me one of them! That sounds like soooo much fun...
[notify]

SiMoN

Magician- Extraordinaire

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '05 8:01pm PST 
I LOVE playing with that tower! I really like the glug-glug noise it makes when it refills the dish. Every time it makes the noise I RUN as fast as I can into the kitchen! I'm a pretty powerful when it come to head-bonking, and have a tendancy to push things too hard (like the water tower), which means I often knock it over....

I just got in trouble again tonight....mom attempted to put the water tower in the little crevice between the kitchen table and the wall with one of the chair legs behind it....heh-heh....no match for me! I found a way around that obstacle!
[notify]

Lemur

I am sexy,- aren't I?!

Purred: Wed Nov 2, '05 11:18pm PST 
SIMON!!! We've all been missing ya m'man! Good to see you!!

About the water fountains. My sis Lexington insists on knocking hers over all the time too! Mom gets so frustrated!
[notify]

SiMoN

Magician- Extraordinaire

Purred: Thu Nov 3, '05 4:24pm PST 
Thanks Lemur! It's good to be back! I've missed everyone SO much!

I can't seem to kick this water fascination! It's so cool...but so NOT cool at the same time! How can I both be intrigued by and afraid of the exact same substance?
[notify]

Lexington

Lexi-love

Purred: Thu Nov 3, '05 9:07pm PST 
You hush Lemur. You're just mad you dont have a fountain to play in!!!

*looks shy* Hi Simon.
[notify]

Bob ♥- Angel DB- #33b

All You Need Is- Love

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '05 1:52am PST 
Has your mom tried a different kind of waterer? We have a Drinkwell and we love it! It has a little water fountain which mixes up the water and it goes through a filter which makes it taste fresh all the time. It plugs into the wall. Mom went in and looked at it and it doesn't look like something you could knock over. Also, there are different brands available at pretty good prices. Just a thought smile
[notify]

SiMoN

Magician- Extraordinaire

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '05 1:36pm PST 
Cool! thanks Bob! This is our third water device...we've tried a bowl and two different plastic towers. Mom is definitely looking for a good deal because the last one was a bit pricy for what it was. I'm a pretty big cat and I don't really know my own strength sometimes, and the plastic ones don't seem to be very sturdy when push comes to shove.... I like the fountain idea! that sounds really cool! I think I'd like that a lot! Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking?

oh, and I wouldn't forget to say 'hello' to my cousin marvin's little darling lexi! How have you been?
[notify]

Lexington

Lexi-love

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '05 9:05pm PST 
Why thankyou for asking Simon. I am well, but missing Marvin. Havent seen him since the Halloween Bash. Did you know we are engaged now? He asked me the night of the party. He is so good to me. *giggles*

Did you ever find a water fountain that we cant tip over? heehee
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '05 11:27pm PST 
How about water in a bowl? ;-)

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2