GO!

Being hissed at...

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Mario

I am Mario the- Explorer!

Purred: Wed Oct 5, '05 5:06pm PST 
My brother and I just don't seem to understand what no means.

So one night mom hissed at us while we were trying to steal her mac and cheese. After freezing for a second we scampered off!

We might not understand no, but we understand hissing! She tried a variety of hissing noises, but the only one that really worked was a hissing "S", as in ssssssssnake. She also found it really requires eye contact, and closeness to work.

Does anyone elses mom or dad do this to them? I sure haven't tried to take her food again...

Mario
[notify]

Marina

Truman\'s Girl

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '05 7:50am PST 
Mommy doesn't have to do it with Velvet. She's the "good girl" but she's done it to me. I just look at her like she's crazy. Most of the time I continue what I'm doing but once in a while I'll stop. I'm dumb enough to fall for that. She needs to stick with the water bottle. I don't like to be wet.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Oct 7, '05 11:08am PST 
Mommy did that to me once just for fun. I wasn't being bad. I stared at her for the longest time and my eyes got real big. What the heck....????
[notify]