GO!

Shout out to other American Curls

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Alix- -Rainbow- Bridge

nothing plain- about a brown- tabby!

Purred: Sun Jun 3, '07 12:07pm PST 
I know Alix is not the only "curl" on the site..so c'mon, come introduce yourself!

I have been in love with this breed since the middle 1980's, and had one in my life since then.

Wonderful breed of kitty..bright, inquisitive, many are talkative - responsively more than chattering - many play fetch.

Hope to hear more Curl stories here soon.
[notify]

oreo

Purred: Tue Jul 3, '07 12:42pm PST 
cheer dog cloud 9 wave wink hail big laugh dancing cloud 9 way to go puppy kitty shrug kitty snoopy dogparty party eek wishes hug smile laugh out loud frown cryconfused shocksilencedshh applause red face big grin
[notify]

too many- cats

No fighting..no- biting

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '07 6:33pm PST 
American curls here. My straight ear just had four kittens. Their Aunt and 5 cousins have curled ears. I only have one of the five kittens and she has straight ears.
[notify]

Alix- -Rainbow- Bridge

Purred: Fri Aug 17, '07 3:53pm PST 
Hey there Too Many Cats...your kitten is cute, straight or curly-earred! You can't get a curly earred kitten unless one of the parents has curled ears, since the gene for curled ears is a dominant one.

Unlike fun recessives like colorpoint coloring, curly ears can't just pop up unexpectedly in a litter if both mom and dad have straight ears.
[notify]

Toe Lula- Tunnelworth

Whatever you do,- blame the dogs!!- ; )

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '07 5:08pm PST 
Curls are wonderful!!! We aren`t actually American Curls, but Impians. We`re Polydactyl Curls. We will happily visit with you, if you let us, our only major difference are our extra toes...
Cheers!
Toe Lula and Geppet Toe =^..^=
[notify]

little white snowman

hey im not a- snowball!

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '08 8:49pm PST 
hi im only 2 and im a half breed curl but my ears are very curlylaugh out loud and i am very excited about thischeer
[notify]

Hemingway

Why be Normal?

Purred: Sun Mar 30, '08 4:54pm PST 
Hello, what is an Impian?
[notify]

Alix- -Rainbow- Bridge

Purred: Thu Apr 17, '08 1:01pm PST 
Impians are one of a growing number of hybrid breeds that are using the dominant gene for curly ears of the American Curl to create new breeds.

I'm afraid that Alix and I are not fans of this...we think the American Curl - which is not man-made and which is still a very rare breed - needs no improvement, and that there are so many great kitties out there, mixed and of a recognized breed.

However, we love curly ears so let's leave it at that, having said the above, our position is clear.
[notify]