GO!

there dosent appear to be many bobtails here?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jack Frost

ittle putty tat

Purred: Sat Oct 27, '07 5:32pm PST 
we have rescued a american shorthair bobtail kitten this past week,he is blue with beautiful white bib and legs, his back legs are longer then his front and at times he more hops then runs,he has tufts of fur at tips of ears and just a flap of fur over his backend, no tail bone at all, can anyone give me more info about his breed and anyone who would be interested in adopting him?
[notify]

Purred: Sun Dec 30, '07 4:04pm PST 
No, but I wish there were. I don't own one, but I wish I could find out more about them- I am thinking of getting one...someday...

Are you sure about the breed? I wondered because Manx are noted for their long back legs, and can have little or no tail (as opposed to a curly tail) ?

Write back if you would, I'd love to hear more about your cat
Wish I could help by adopting, but our home is overflowing with rescues at the moment... Best wishes, Ann
[notify]

Ember, aka- Soul Fuzzer

Kitty Kismet- arrived on the- Cosmic Wind

Purred: Wed Jul 13, '11 7:01am PST 
Seriously?!? Where are all the American Bobtails on Catster? I was told my cat was a Manx but she's actually an American Bobtail (total curl tail!). So sad we don't have more of us on here. frown
[notify]