Pet-Peeves: Being combed, which he needs constantly.
Favorite Toy: Anything that his buddy Lalo is playing with.
Favorite Nap Spot: The couch in the family room.
Favorite Food: Purina One
Arrival Story: Stanley was adopted as a 6-week-old kitten from a pet store in Auburn, California in August of 1997.
Bio: Stanley is sweet but shy. He can scale a tree at an amazing speed, given his large girth. He would much rather be let inside through the upstairs bedroom window than through the front door. He is an excellent hunter, and likes to give his trophies to Mom. However, he enjoys lounging indoors as much as he loves the great outdoors. Basically, when he is outside, he wants to come in, and when he is indoors, he wants to go out.
UPDATE: Stanley spends most of his time indoors now. In October of 2008, Stanley was diagnosed with diabetes. He had dropped from a hefty 19 lbs. to just 11 lbs. in less than three months! He will require daily insulin injections for the rest of his life, but he is a good sport and remains in good spirits, eating well, purring, and being as affectionate as ever.
SAD UPDATE: Stanley passed peacefully at home on May 31, 2010, just one month and three days shy of his thirteenth birthday. He was a sweet, loving boy, and we will miss him.
Hello furriends! I haven't posted anything in my diary for a long time, but this is very urgent, so my fursibs and I are all cross-posting this in our diaries. Minda, Paula, and Merry are three wonderful kitties whose owner is dying of a brain tumor. The owner, Kathy, just went into hospice care and will not be returning home. Her house is going into foreclosure, so even though Kathy's wonderful neighbors (Catster pawrents of Albie and Mr. Silk) have been going across the street 2 or 3 times a day to check on the cats, this cannot continue much longer. These kitties have been declawed and must live indoors. PLEASE go to Minda, Paula, and Merry's page at the link below, read their story, and help if you can to save these lovely girls from going to a shelter. They can be adopted individually or together. They are located in West Virginia but transport to an approved home within several hundred miles could be arranged. Even if you can't adopt any of these girls, please share the link. Thank you so much!
Yesterday (7/15/08) I had the great honor of being chosen Catster's Cat of the Day! I was so surpurrised! Lots of my furriends sent me rosettes and conCATulations. Thanks to all! And a special thanks to Wally Wallingford for sending a lovely memento of my honor! I never knew I had so many good furriends!
I've been tagged by Baxter (Catster #758261). I need to tell six things I DON'T like, and then tag six other kitties to do the same.
I don't like:
1. going to the vet. I have to go every year to get bathed and shaved, because I'm not very good about keeping myself well-groomed. I feel good after my shave; I just don't enjoy getting it!
2. when new cats join our furmily. I'm almost eleven years old and am the oldest cat in the house, so efurryone else came to live here after I did. I didn't like any of them at first except Lalo, but I've gotten used to efurryone now. Just no more, please!
3. having to stay out of the bedroom. Daddy is very allergic to me even though he likes me, so I don't get as much "Daddy-time" as the other cats.
4. having to stay indoors. I was allowed outside all my life, but ever since Lalo sneaked out a couple of months ago and got hurt, Mommy doesn't let any of us go outside anymore. It's just not fair!
5. when mommy tries to remove mats from my fur. (This is why I get shaved.)
6. dogs. (Sorry, Dogsters.) Mommy and Daddy had a chihuahua for awhile who was just annoying. The neighbors' big dogs scare me. Sometimes Mommy talks about getting another dog, but I hope she doesn't.
Now I have to tag six other Catsters. I think I'll tag:
Freddie Mac (#586411)