Nicknames: Ernie, Love Sponge, Purr Factory, Love Bug
Birthday: March 15th 2001
Coloration: Black and White
Likes: Sleeping, eating, cuddling with his boys, Starsky and Hutch.
Pet-Peeves: None. Now that he knows the pups, there is nothing that rattles my boy.
Favorite Toy: Anything he can reach from bed.
Favorite Nap Spot: Anywhere soft where he can sprawl... I usually give him half of the bed.
Favorite Food: Anything you hand feed... otherwise everyone else steals his food (so how did he get so fat???)
Skills: He recognizes tears and wipes them with his paw. If there are too many, he wipes with his head.
Arrival Story: I was at PetSmart buying kitty litter and similar to when I found Simon, I just felt the pull to this one spot, and there was Hemingway. He was a former street kitty, as you could tell by his paws and that he had never been fixed. He, too, had been in the kennel so long he was losing is back leg strength. When I wiggled my finger at him, he rolled over and started to purr through the plexiglas. I held him for one minute and I knew I had found a true love.
Bio: He is a truly nurturing cat. He can't get enough snuggle time and grooms me non-stop. He recognizes that humans kissing his forehead is a sign of affection, so he greets me by gently bumping his head against my lips. He is remarkable. Unfortunately, he has had a host of medical issues since he came into my life... he has IBD (the veterinary catch-all term that should stand for "Idiopathic Bowel Disorder" instead of "Inflammatory Bowel Disease") and was thought to have a large tumor, which magically disappeared. Sweet Hemingway is like an old car... the more time he spends at the vet, the more they find wrong with him. So we avoid it altogether and he is happy.
The rules: Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog
Okay, 7 things about me:
1) I miss being outside, but I love my meowmy.
2) If she just looks like she'll pet me, I roll onto my back and show my big belly!
3) I'd probably kill and eat the dog if given the option...
4) I think I have the hang of using paws like humans, especially when it comes to hugging.
5) The Humane Association people were lying about my intake date to keep me from being put to sleep (they usually wait 1 month and I was there 5-6 months), hoping someone would adopt me.
6) I can't seem to clean my nose when food tastes really good... I just wear it around till meowmy licks her finger and cleans it off.
7) While most cats purr when they are happy, I LICK!!!!!!!