Close X


Sarge's week

(Page 8 of 15: Viewing Diary Entry 71 to 80)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Grilling time!

May 30th 2011 3:27 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

This was a great day. Dad uncovered the grill for the summer and I got to go outside while he cooked. I was good for the most part (I tried to go under a car and Dad pulled me out and put me inside for a while). I napped in the sun and the shade so I could enjoy the warmth and the breeze. The second time he let me out I behaved myself and stayed close. The neighbors came by after a while and brought their toddler. Nice kid but a bit shy. He'd run over to me and just look for a moment then run back. He'd do it several times. Once in a while he'd try to pet me. I let him. I was an inoffensive as possible. I even rolled on my side and showed him my fluffy white belly. He was just so nervous. He'd stroke me once on my leg then run back.

Anyway I got to spend some hours outside and I wanted to go out again when Dad had to cover the grill again but Dad had enough. It was great while it lasted. Did I mention I never once begged for scraps? There was yummy marinated fish there and I didn't ask for any. See, I'm very well behaved.


Another Update

July 13th 2011 10:58 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

First the good news, Dad got a contract job working in Downers Grove. It's a 5-6 month contract with the possibility of extension. It was so cool. He found out about it yesterday when our internet and phone was out. (Thank you neighbors for letting us use your phone!)

This means before he goes back, I have to go to the vet for my blood work. But I've been taking my shots (when Dad remembers) and pills. I'm eating well and not using the litter box often so we think I'm in good health. I don't know if I'll be off the juice, but since I don't complain about it, it's not too bad.

Things are normal around here. Dad did grilling again on the 4th of July. No one came by but I still got to go outside. Pepi came out too for a while. Lena was out for 2 seconds before she wanted back in. Everything else is all good. Dad found a canned food and a dry food that I will actually eat and is good for me. Pepi doesn't eat my wet food either. Everyone eats the dry food. Dad thinks her little kitty gut is getting littler too.

Happy days are here again!


Back from the vet

July 13th 2011 3:09 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

With Dad getting a new job, he decided I needed to go to the vet pronto for my diabetic checkup. Good news is that my weight is up by 4 ounces. Bad news is that the vet was hoping for more. They're going to check my blood and urine and let us know how they are tomorrow.

I behaved myself for the most part. In any case, I'm not getting worse and slowing getting better!


Good news!

July 14th 2011 12:55 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

Vet called today. My blood sugar was so low that the vet decided to cut my insulin shots to a fourth of what it was. So instead of getting 2 units twice a day, it's one unit once a day! That works out pretty well because it means Dad can give my shot and pill at the same time. He's forgotten a few times in the morning. Turned out to be a good thing. Now let's see if I can gain some weight back. I'll have to eat a lot of food. I think I can handle that.


I'm a DDP Today!

July 21st 2011 5:17 am
[ Leave A Comment | 1 person already has ]

Hey, I found out I'm a DDP and I didn't even talk about Newmies. I'm doing well, taking my pills and shots without much complaints. Sometimes I eat too fast though and get sick. Two days ago I got sick over my pillow bed. Dad just gave me too much food at once. Pepi is driving Dad crazy(ier) by meowing at the door and window. He took her out on her/my harness last night, but it didn't shut her up. Why does she meow so much?!

I got an ice cream cone from, the family of Tony, Anna, Greystone, and Sammy. They said it was my birthday. Sorry, that's not for months. But thanks anyway!


5 years

September 4th 2011 5:30 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

This weekend marks my living with Dad for 5 years. Five good "exciting" years. Because he didn't go home to visit his family for a while, he went this weekend so we missed the actual day, but we cats don't really count days. We were so happy to see him when he got back. I ran out into the garage several times while he was unpacking.

I've been off my insulin for several weeks now. I'm hardly ever getting sick, but I'm not eating much. Dad talked with the neighbor who takes care of us while he's gone and she said I could just be tired of my food. So Daddy got 6 different cans of cat food for me today! I can't wait to try them. At this point, he wants me well fed first, then we'll worry about the diabetes.

It's good to be here. I'm very happy, at least my Dad thinks I'm happy. I have love and pets. Every cat should be this lucky.


Bad news

September 15th 2011 7:33 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 5 people already have ]

I had to go to the vet today. They wanted to run some test with my hyperthyroidism. Dad was also concerned that I wasn't eating or drinking as much as I should. We found out I went from a little under 13 lbs to just over 10 lbs in the 2 months since my last visit! The vet said I was the calmest I've ever been which isn't a good sign. The good news is that everything else appears OK, I'm just not eating or drinking much. My blood work gets back tomorrow and we'll know more then.

In the meantime they pumped me up with water and in a few hours I was closer to my normal self - growling and hissing at the vets. I ate the food they gave me too. Dad brought me home and put more water down my throat. He did see me eating some.

Dad thinks it could be because I'm not taking my medicine. Oh he puts the pill in my mouth but that doesn't mean I'll swallow. He can hold my mouth shut all he wants, I find a way to get rid of it. At least we hope it's that and nothing more serious. Dad may be giving me more water in the future though.


Blood results back

September 16th 2011 6:43 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 2 people already have ]

The vet called Dad today. Everything looks normal. Nothing is wrong with me. Except that I'm not eating much. And since everything else looks good, we don't know why I don't eat. It's not like I can't. They saw me eat yesterday so they know I can. Before they do a full check of my digestive system (nooooooo) they gave Dad some appetite stimulant pills to give me.

I don't think Dad has ever been so grateful I was declawed by my old family. I really fought hard against taking the pill. But when it did take effect I ate a lot! I went between several food bowels (Dad gave me a variety) and had more than he ever saw me eat in one sitting. I went back a few times. He didn't see me drink yet so he may have to force me to have some water.

We still don't know the cause, but I may wind up putting back on some weight. Keep up your purrs!



September 18th 2011 8:13 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Well I think the appetite stimulator pill is wearing off. I sit next to my wet food dish and meow for food. Even though there's already food in it. Dad put's another spoonfull in and I sniff at it and maybe eat a little, but that's it. I get another pill tomorrow night. YUCK! But it's necessary.

I'm feeling better though. I begged to go outside today and I got to go for a little bit and eat some grass. There was a squirrel outside and all three of us furs were watching it. I also chased Lena this morning. Dad wants me to eat more and get my weight up.

Oh yesterday, Dad went and got some of that expensive food everyone likes. I nommed some right up. Pepi ate some too. She tried to eat some of my wet food but Dad kept her away until I was done.

Thanks for the purrs everyone!


Bad news

September 24th 2011 9:11 am
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

I went to the vet today for a quick weigh in. I lost 5 ounces. LOST?! Dad would have bet I gained weight since I was eating so often. He was so sure I was getting better. I was being more active. I was begging to go outside and in the garage. Next week we're going to try and get me in for more tests to see what's wrong. How can I lose so much in such a short amount of time? Dad's really scared. He's read about other kitties who went downhill fast for no clear reason. He doesn't want me to be one of them. But all this effort and I'm slipping down. It's hard to be optimistic.

I'm still getting around all right and moving. So there's hope we can figure out what's wrong. I'm still loved and Dad is doing everything he can. I haven't asked to be held in a long time. We thought it was a phase. I do that occasionally. If I'll just want to be held one more time, it's going to be all right.

  Sort By Newest First

Sarge (In Loving Memory)


Family Pets

Josie -


(What does RSS do?)