Close X


Sarge's week

(Page 10 of 15: Viewing Diary Entry 91 to 100)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Good news!

October 24th 2011 5:11 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 6 people already have ]

I don't have cancer. That mass of dead and dying cells near my stomach and pancreas is just that. But it still has to be removed. So after feeding me and giving me my meds for the day, I got taken to the vet (yet again) for the operation. The good news is that this should take care of the problem once and for all. This time we have a physical object causing me problems and not something inflamed.

The biggest step is still ahead, but I have the best vet I could ask for and a Dad who did everything he could to make me happy and healthy. Thanks for all the purrs and positive thoughts. We'll tell you what happens. I get to come home on Wednesday.


DDP and out of surgery

October 25th 2011 4:55 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

Wow! I'm a DDP pick! That's great!

I had my surgery today. The vet found more gunk in me than we first thought. He wondered if I was going to make it and even called Dad during the surgery to give him the news. I wound up losing part of my small intestine due to the inflammation and excessive cell growth. It easily could have been the end of me. It's was something we considered. But we took the chance and once the vet started clearing thing up it I came through pretty well.

Dad visited me tonight and I was very grumpy. I'm glad he came though even if I looked like *****. I have to stay here another day for healing and making sure I don't get worse. I'm on some different meds and I got a cast on my arm for the IV and a blue color! Oh poor me! But I'm still here and I have a fighting chance. I'm not out of the woods yet, but we're not giving up.


Home early!

October 26th 2011 8:02 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

Dad got a call this morning. I'm doing exceptionally well and getting back to my usual self. The doc figures it's better for me to go home today than to stress myself there another day. So Dad picked me up and got the instructions on taking care of me for the next few weeks and we went home. First thing was that I used the litter box. Then I hid in the bathroom. I wasn't in the mood to eat or drink. I have to take SO many pills now. I fought Dad so hard he called the in the nice lady neighbor to hold me down so I could get one of the smaller pills! We got a pill popper now which means he can give me my meds easier.

I'm hiding right now, I'm still mad about what happened and I hurt from the stitches. It's a critical time and things can still go bad. I need to keep my fluids up but I'm not too interested in drinking. Wish us luck!


A step backwards ... kinda

October 27th 2011 4:05 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

I got to come home last night! But I spent most of it hiding in the bathroom and behind the chair. I didn't show any interest in eating or drinking. The neighbor (who's a vet tech) said I looked really bad and I needed more watching. Well by morning I looked better (and plus they hadn't seen me in a while and I just got out of surgery). But Dad was still worried. One day isn't much to spend in the hospital after major surgery so he called the vet and brought me in so they can watch me for the day and make sure I get my meds.

They gave me a quick once over and I am up in weight for the first time in a while and I am eating and drinking. They want me to stay until Friday to be 100% sure I'm going in the right direction. Dad feels better about that. That way he can spend the weekend watching over me and I won't get left alone. It was nice to spend some time at home, but better safe than sorry. I'm sure I'll be driving them up the walls soon demanding to go home.


Home again!

October 30th 2011 7:31 am
[ Leave A Comment | 3 people already have ]

Dad picked me up on Friday and I was SO ready to go home. They said I was hungry for attention and even increased my weight while there (hooray). I was eating well and even drinking. Dad wants to make sure I have a newmie so we know it's all working fine tough.

I got home and I have been eating my wet and dry food. I have to wear a collar so I don't pull at my stitches and staples. But I haven't done so yet and since Dad keeps an eye on me during the day he's decided I don't have to wear my collar! It's so nice. I'm even grooming myself a little. I have to wear it when he's gone and at night. I tried to cuddle with him in bed and it wasn't easy with that big blue ring around my neck. But I tried! MOL!

Dad still wants me to eat more but these things can't be rushed. Right now I'm healthier than I've been in a long while and getting better. Thanks for all your purrs! I'm not out of the woods yet. I have to put my weight back on first. But the end is in sight!



November 3rd 2011 4:55 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

I got a weigh in tonight. Bad news is that I'm down 12oz to just under 9lbs. The good news is that the vet said most of it can be attributed to my healing. And wow am I healing. The stables are looking good I haven't picked at them and everything looks like I'm on target to have them removed on Monday (then I can finally be done with this collar). Thing is even though there was a rapid weight drop, we're not too worried. I'm well hydrated for the first time in a while. I'm eating and going poo. It may just take a while.

Good thing too. Dad's work contract is ending sooner than expected. He's so good at his job that things got finished ahead of schedule. So he's going to be at home in a few weeks looking for work. At least I'll be around to help him. We all love it when Dad's at home.


No more collar!

November 8th 2011 8:00 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

Yesterday I was brought to the vet ... again. This time they took my staples out. It went pretty smoothly after the two assistants held me down. I'm healing on the outside pretty well and (hooray) I haven't lost any weight since Thursday! This is pretty much unheard of in months! And they gave me my pills. Good news, I took the last of the big ones. Bad news I gotta take a new pill starting tomorrow (but it's only 3 times a week). I had to wear my collar for another day to keep me from picking at the holes.

Dad held me tonight and I was so happy. I'm eating and I'm getting better. The doc said I had an unusual combination of things no one could have predicted. My Dad is pretty smart. He took extra science classes in high school and watches specials on Science and Discovery. But he likes physics more than biology so some of it went above his head. But I'm getting better and if I can just put some weight on, we can all breath easier.


Turkey Time

November 27th 2011 7:26 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]

Dad went to visit his family over Thanksgiving. The people who take care of us when he's gone thought I was looking and acting much better than before. Except they didn't give me enough wet foot! I nearly licked the plate clean for a few days when he got back. I missed him a bunch. I hung out with him a lot. But Dad found zits on my chin and kept trying to squeeze them. We think they're clearing up now but I don't like him messing around my chin!

I got to go outside today but it was so cold and wet I went back in on my own without having to be coaxed or carried. Looks like I won't go out again until spring and my fur grows back. :(

The good news is that I'm off my meds except for my hyperthyroidism. That's an easy one to get me to take. Well easier than some. I still hate taking them but some go down with less fuss than others.


Quick Update

November 28th 2011 9:34 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ]

The vet called to see how I was doing. We found out those big pills weren't just for 2 weeks, they were for LIFE! At least those are easier to take. Dad drops it into my mouth and it rolls down my throat. I hate taking meds, but this one isn't as bad as others.

On the plus side Dad made some sandwiches from leftover turkey and brisket and he gave me some! Yummy! I sat beside him purring loudly for more. I got some on my food plate, but I didn't eat all of it. Things taste better from Dad's plate.


Wow CotD!

December 8th 2011 6:27 am
[ Leave A Comment | 7 people already have ]

I never thought I'd ever be Cat of the Day! Hooray! This is great! I'm continuing to get better. My fur is starting to grow back. At this point my tummy has light peach fuzz. I still want to go outside. Yesterday Dad let me go and we walked up and down the sidewalk in front of our home. I stayed with him for the most part and went back inside without complaining. It's colder than I realized when you don't have as much fur.

I have to go back to the vet soon for some follow-up tests though. Dad's not happy about that part. He's sure I'm gaining weight but we wonder how much weight I'll wind up gaining or if I'll be a little underweight for a while. I'm still getting around and happy so it won't matter too much as long as I'm healthy.

Oh, I also want to give a shout out to our Chicagoland buddy Tigger who's Cat of the Week! Tigger and his fursibs are awesome and are rescues who managed to find a great family.

  Sort By Newest First

Sarge (In Loving Memory)


Family Pets

Josie -


(What does RSS do?)