Ideal Human Companions
- Owners willing to groom weekly N/A
- First-time cat owners
- Families with children
- Multi-pet households - Gatos love other cats and dogs.
Gatos on Catster
47 cats | see profile pages
- Gatos have short velvety fur, medium fur Gatos are more unusual
- Gatos tend to be very exotic, showing breed traits of the Egyptian Mau, Siamese and Himalayan
- Affectionate, but not overly
- Needs attention - Most Gatos will find things to amuse themselves, but they enjoy the interactions of their owners.
- Easy going - Gatos tend to avoid confrontation. They will go out of their way to avoid a grumpy sibling.
- Playful - Gatos love to play, and even the simplest toys will fascinate them
- Gatos are small - average weights between 6 and 9 pounds
- Many Gatos are very vocal when they play - not surprising to have a toy mouse in their mouths, and thrill in happiness
Things You Should Know
Gatos are very easy to groom. A brushing weekly, or a furminator works great to remove any loose fur. They tend to shed less than other breeds. Medium hair Gatos need to be groomed more often prevent hairballs and mats.
Gatos adjust their schedules to their owners, often entertaining them with playing ans flipping their tents as their humans enjoy their morning coffee. Interactive toys are enjoyed, as out tunnels, tents, and cat furniture. Watching birds and squirrels is a much enjoyed, and be prepared for some interesting chirping as they watch.
The Look of a Gato
Gatos come in all colors and shades, including black with chocolate brown, shades of orange, tortie, and black and white. They tend to be very small cats. Many have long legs and bodies. Siamese Mixes will have bright blue eyes, lilac markings, and unusual patches or stripes.