Kit

why does my cats meow sound like he's lost his voice?

Is it normal for a cats meow to sound like he has a sore throat?

Asked by Kit on Jan 23rd 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Oscar

I sounded like that a little while ago, my throat was really sore and I'm usually a very noisy cat! My human took me to the vets, I had larangitis! I had a shot of antibiotics and I felt much better in just a few days! Maybe you should get your human to take you to a vet too! Hope that helps
Oscar x

Oscar answered on 1/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Oscar is right. If this is something that just happened to your kitty and he usually has a manly man meow, then I'd definitely get his throat checked out. Your vet can feel his neck for swollen glands, check for runny eyes and nose, etc. and diagnose and prescribe. However, if this is his normal meow, then everything is probably alright. There are some funny stories on this board about people who have heard cats meowing and thought it was kittens. One lady opened her door and found a 20 pound male cat sitting on her doorstep with this little, tiny meow.