DIY Recipe: Tuna-Pumpkin Cat Treats
Your cat won’t be able to resist these delicious treats I found — created by Animallama blogger Monika.*
What you’ll need:
- 5 ounces of tuna
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1 tablespoons canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried catnip (optional)
- 1 cup oat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the tuna and pumpkin until thoroughly blended, then cool and stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, then add peeled and grated carrot, catnip, olive oil, tuna and pumpkin. Add the oat flour and mix until dough forms. Let sit for five minutes.
- Spread the dough up to an inch thick, and cut with molds of your choice.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, and let them cool to room temperature.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Discover more cat-friendly recipes on Catster.com:
- Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Cat Treats
- How to Make a Cool Kitty Snow Cone
- Make Tuna Patties for Your Cat With This Holiday Recipe
Thumbnail: Photography courtesy Annie Butler Shirreffs.