These yummy treats are made just for our humans who love cats and sweets!
What you’ll need:
- 8 Rice Krispie Treats
- Dark cocoa candy melts/confectionary coating, melted
- 16 1/2-inch candy eyes
- 8 large pink heart sprinkles
- 48 white jimmies
Instructions for making Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Cat Pops:
- Cut a triangle out of one end of a Rice Krispie treat, creating two ears.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a tall drinking glass.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick or sturdy paper straw into the chocolate, then insert the stick into the cereal treat. Let the chocolate dry. Repeat with all the treats.
- Holding the end of the stick, dip the Rice Krispie Treat into the chocolate, then lift it out and shake it to remove any excess chocolate.
- Set the chocolate-dipped treat on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Immediately add two candy eyes and one pink heart sprinkle nose.
- Add three white jimmies on either side of the nose to form whiskers.
- Chill in the freezer until hardened, about five to ten minutes.
- Repeat dipping and decorating all eight treats.
*Reprinted with permission from Beth Jackson Klosterboer at hungryhappenings.com.
Thumbnail: Photography Courtesy HungryHappenings.
Editor’s note: This article appeared in Catster magazine. Have you seen the new Catster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? Subscribe now to get Catster magazine delivered straight to you!