Sean Farley founded One Fast Cat because he wanted to build an inexpensive, attractive cat wheel that people could assemble quickly without any tools. After five prototypes and “many hundreds of hours in Solid Works and the 3D printer,” according to the company’s website, he and his team did exactly that. Look at this beautiful thing:
“We wanted it to be like a piece of art,” says Farley in his Kickstarter video. “It could be put into someone’s living room; it’s not going to be an eyesore.”
Pretty, huh? Have you seen the blue one?
Here’s the green. We like the green:
Armed with a solid product, One Fast Cat took to Kickstarter to raise money. Because the team had already developed the product and created the injection molds to mass produce it, staff just needed a boost to get the first production run going. Nothing too crazy. They asked for $10,000.
Two weeks later, they had $150,000. And the funding period is only half over. Clearly, people are loving this cat wheel.
Cat wheels allow kitties to burn energy, which is especially helpful to indoor cats who don’t have the chance to hunt — or play very often, given your grueling work schedule or penchant for laziness. The makers of One Fast Cat claim theirs is “more advanced than any before it” based on the following points, which they list on the Kickstarter page:
- Smart industrial design allows it to ship or retail in a very small box.
- Design also allows for it to be assembled extremely quickly for home use.
- 48-inch diameter wheel protects your cat’s back.
- 10-inch running tread provides plenty of space for feline footing.
- Sturdy and lightweight for ease of moving it around.
- Made of recycled plastics.
- Run surface is made from a closed cell EVA foam to prevent claws from catching, allowing cats to run naturally using their claws for safe footing.
- Can be cleaned by taking it outside and spraying it with a hose or wiping it down with a wet towel.
- Open design so cats can enter from either side.
Watch the Kickstarter video:
Photos via One Fast Cat’s Facebook page
Laugh with us: