Primal Pet Foods has initiated a voluntary recall of their Feline Chicken & Salmon Formula with a “Best By” date code of 043112-17 because this product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The only product affected is limited to Feline Chicken & Salmon Formula with a “Best By” date code of 043112-17. No other Primal Pet Foods products are affected.
The affected product is limited to the Primal Pet Foods Feline Chicken & Salmon Formula packaged in the following forms:
- 4 lb chicken & salmon nuggets (UPC# 8 95135 00025 0) with a “Best By” date code of 043112-17
The “Best By” date code is located on the front of the package on the right side of the product label. The affected product was distributed through retail stores sales in the United States.
Please be assured, no human or pet illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this issue. Also, no other Primal Pet Foods products are affected by this issue.
If you have purchased a bag of Primal Pet Foods Feline Chicken & Salmon Formula Raw Frozen Diet (nuggets) with the “Best By” date code of 043112-17, we ask that you take one of the following steps.
- If you are a consumer and have purchased the affected product, please contact Primal Pet Foods directly at 866-566-4652 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST and we can assist in getting you a full refund or replacement from your local retailer that it was originally purchased from. You’ll be instructed to bring the unopened package to your local retailer for a full refund or replacement.
- If your package has been opened, please dispose of the raw food in a safe manner by securing it in a covered trash receptacle. Then, contact Primal Pet Foods directly at 866-566-4652 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST and we can assist in getting you a full refund or replacement from your local retailer that it was originally purchased from. You’ll be instructed to bring your receipt (or the empty package in a sealed bag) to your local retailer for a full refund or replacement.
We truly appreciate your cooperation, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused for you. If you’d like to speak with one of our representatives regarding this issue, you can call our customer service line at 866-566-4652 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM PST.
Our Commitment to Quality
We want to reassure you that Primal Pet Foods is committed to the health and safety of your pets. Our quality control and quality assurance programs include but are not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), a Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, regular lot segregation, and other industry best practices. Our manufacturing facility also adheres to these specific quality measures:
- Our ingredients are sourced from USDA inspected facilities, and/or facilities regulated by the FDA
- We adhere to state and federal regulations regarding product safety
- Our manufacturing facilities are USDA and California State Department of Agriculture inspected.
- In addition to the industry best practices listed above, and in an abundance of caution, we’re taking additional steps in our manufacturing process to help ensure that our products are free of all pathogenic bacteria.
As always, Primal Pet Foods is fully committed to maintaining the highest quality standards in the pet food industry. Thank you for your continued trust in Primal Pet Foods.
CEO, Primal Pet Foods
[Source: Primal Pet Foods]