April 17 is International Haiku Poetry Day, a world celebration of haiku sponsored by the Haiku Foundation. As kitty poets, Dawn, Athena, Calvin and Elsa Clair celebrate the day in true feline fashion. Here are five ways they mark this special holiday:
1. Treat themselves to an extra nap
2. Exchange gifts
3. Have a special dinner
4. Go to a concert
5. Afterward, stop at a favorite hangout
How do your cats celebrate International Haiku Poetry Day — or any special holiday? Tell us in the comments, or better yet, ask your kitties to write a poem!
Read more Haiku by Cat:
- Haiku by Cat: We Interview the Cats
- Haiku by Cat: These Kitties Define “Catitude” Through Poetry
- Haiku by Cat: My Sun, My Sun!
- Haiku by Cat: Sweet, Adorable, and Possibly Dangerous
- Haiku by Cat: Feline Help Around the House
About the author: Susan C. Willett is a writer, photographer, and blogger whose award-winning original stories, photography, poetry, and humor can be found at Life With Dogs and Cats. She lives in New Jersey with three dogs and four cats (all rescues) and at least a couple of humans — all of whom provide inspiration for her work. Refusing to take sides in the interweb’s dogs vs. cats debate, Susan enjoys observing the interspecies interaction among the varied inhabitants of her home — like living in a reality TV show, only furrier. In addition to Life With Dogs and Cats, you can find more Lilah, Jasper, and Tucker (and the rest of the gang) on Haiku by Dog™, Haiku by Cat™, and Dogs and Cats Texting.