My cat Bubba Lee Kinsey has always had a thing for shoes. In my old apartment, he’d often hide in my closet, burying himself in the discarded pile of impractical heels I never wore. I’d find him curled up atop a pile of pumps, his paws draped over a three-inch wedge and his face buried in my old Converse — the smellier, the better.
Instead of shooing him away (pun intended), I encouraged Bubba’s foot fetish, plopping my gym shoes down in front of him after I’d just finished sweating for an hour — and he loved it every time. I like to think this helped him become the man he is today: a happy, healthy, 13-year-old tabby who naps unself-consciously on my boyfriend’s filthy work boots every evening. Earlier this year, Cat Dandy (and Catster Senior Editor) Keith Bowers documented the foot fetish of his cat, Thomas. And Bubba and Thomas aren’t the only ones — here are five other cats who fancy some footwear.
1. A smelly meditation
This kitty achieves such a Zen-like state while rolling around in this pile of old shoes that watching this video is basically the same as meditating.
2. Pete the Cat loves his white shoes
Here’s a cute story about an animated cat named Pete who is super jazzed to be walking down the street wearing his snazzy white sneakers. At least until he steps in a large pile of strawberries. And blueberries. And mud. Watch where you’re going, Pete.
3. Cat forgets how to walk
When this cat tries on his new shoes, he forgets how to walk for a minute. Strangely enough, I feel the same way every time I try to wear heels.
4. Persistence smells like feet
This cat’s head is too big to fit in this shoe, but that’s not going to stop her from trying to cram her entire face in there as far as it will go. You must admire her persistence, even if she does smell a little funny now.
5. Kitten vs. shoes
Thanks to youth, this kitten’s burgeoning foot fetish means it’s playtime instead of naptime. Give him a couple of years and he’ll be sleeping face-first in a gym shoe just like Bubba Lee Kinsey.
Does your cat have a foot fetish? Tell us in the comments!
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here’s a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I’m Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box — Here’s Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she’s an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.