To prevent unwanted litters of kittens from being born this coming spring, local animal organizations in Portland, Oregon, are offering FREE spay/neuter surgeries this week. Caretakers of stray or feral cats can take advantage of this offer as well.
Qualified cat owners can have their fertile cats or kittens spayed or neutered for free between November 8 and 12. Or schedule a spay/neuter surgery for only $10, any other time. Surgeries are performed by licensed veterinarians and subsidized through charitable donations. Up to 400 free feline spay/neuter surgery spots will be available the week of November 8 12.
Qualified means that cat owners:
- receive government assistance such as Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, SSI, Section 8 public housing, AFDC, TANF, etc.
- live in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, or Clark County
- Those feeding unowned feral cats need not meet income requirements
Help us save the lives of 20,000 cats hat entering our area shelters each year by not contributing to cat overpopulation
- No more unplanned litters of kittens
- Stop your male cat from roaming
- No more spraying
- Reduce the number of feral or stray cats in your neighborhood
Starting Monday, November 1, call: 503-802-6755 for a cat you own; 503-797-2606 for feral cats
Free spay/neuter appointments will be scheduled for November 8 through 12 only.
- Cat Adoption Team Sherwood
- Oregon Humane Society NE Portland
- Washington County Animal Services Hillsboro
- Multnomah County Animal Services Troutdale
- Humane Society of SW Washington Vancouver
- Feral Cat Coalition for strays or feral cats
The free spay/neuter surgeries are being offered through the Animal Shelter Alliance of Portlands Spay & Save program thanks to generous donations.
For more information about the Spay & Save program and how to qualify, please visit: http://www.asapmetro.org/spay-and-save-program.php.