My cats have been sitting in the same places since morning: Bubba Lee Kinsey is stretched out on the windowsill, warming his belly in the sunlight, and Phoenix is curled up in a ball on the couch, covering her face with her adorable spotted paw. My cats will remain in these places until I either eat some cereal or decide to give them treats, at which point the familiar rustling of plastic will have them rushing to the kitchen, suddenly wide-eyed and alert. This is the high point of their day.
Not all cats are such couch potatoes, however; some kitties enjoy going for walks on leashes and accompanying their humans on adventures. Here are five kitties who might inspire you to do something a little daring this weekend.
We recently wrote about Millie, a brave black kitty who loves to go rock climbing with her human, Craig Armstrong. Well, Millie’s not the only cat who likes to get outdoors and explore the natural world. Romeo, a purebred Bengal, regularly goes hiking with his owners in the Pacific Northwest — and he looks good doing it.
2. Riding a bike
Rudy and his cat, MJ, are the most adorable bike-riding duo we’ve ever seen. MJ perches on Rudy’s shoulders while he pedals down the streets of Philadelphia. MJ even gives Rudy affectionate headbutts on the road — and he totally doesn’t freak out when a nearby car blares its horn.
3. Going to a biker bar?
Rastus the cat has a real need for speed, as evidenced by his perch atop the handlebars of his human’s motorcycle. He even wears a tiny helmet, because safety first!
4. Performing for a crowd
When a ginger tabby named Bob started followed James Bowen around, he immediately recognized that the cat was unusually outgoing and intelligent. James, a busker in London, began incorporating Bob into his performances, much to the delight of onlookers. The cat helped James get his life back on track and is now the subject of a book, A Street Cat Named Bob. Party on, James! Party on, Bob!
5. Going on a walk — or not
This kitty was less than jazzed about his first time exploring the big, bad world on a leash; in fact, his legs seem to have stopped working, and he never makes it out the front door. Well, not everyone can be a daredevil.
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here’s a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I’m Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box — Here’s Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she’s an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.