Postings by Strange

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Behavior & Training > Self-Cleaning Litter box?
Strange

Princess

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 5:45pm PST 
paint scraper! excellent idea!
* goes out to buy one *
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Coopurr, Mar 7 11:23 am

Behavior & Training > Stalking at the litterbox
Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '08 9:56pm PST 
Scooter stated the book,, cat vs cat
and I bought this book myself, because I have 3 cats, and it seems like an excellent book!
I would pick it up if I were you and read it, I havent finished reading it myself yet though
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by CaliMay (pudgecicle), Mar 3 1:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Self-Cleaning Litter box?

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:53pm PST 
Moms thought about it but doesnt like the idea.
The fact that the big contraption thingy is part of the litter space, and one of us being clasterphobic didnt seem like a good idea.
Also our litter likes to stick to the bottom of the tray and it just didnt seem like it would scrape it off right.
Some of us spend a good 20 minutes in the litter box, kicking things around and things of the sort and if it went off we would have a heart attack.
Moms going to stick to scooping herself
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Coopurr, Mar 7 11:23 am

Grooming > Taking my cat to a groomer

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '08 6:42pm PST 
My groomer told me it was important to bathe ragdolls about every 3 months because its important for there coat. So I either bring him in to be groomed if he looks like he needs a nice pampering, or I have my SO do it here at home. He also has an under coat ( like a dog ) and his hair gets sort of greasy alot from that so my groomer told me to use unscented talcon free baby powder, like a dry bath when I notice his hair getting a bit greasy, so I rub that in and brush it out, that also helps keep out any knots as it keeps the hair soft and not frizzy.
I always take him in to the groomer when the hair around his bum is getting quite long so he doesnt get any urine stuck in his pretty hair. She normally shaves the bum area, but if he doesnt want the shaver she will just neatly trim it all.
I also have baby wipes at home, that I use if I notice his bum getting a bit dirty, I just him a bit of a wipe and hes good to go.
I normally brush him a couple times a week, but hes not as keen on it as Id like, so I am working him into getting brushed daily.
Im also slowly working him into having his teeth brushed daily, hes had ginivitus since very young so the vet wants his teeth brushed on a daily basis.
He sure does get hairballs! If I notice hes got a bit of a hairball cough I give him hairball remedy that I bought, its from Hartz, and its like a molassass paste that you squirt out and put on there foot, and then they have to eat it and it really helps. I also notice having him drink alot of water gets the hairball right out.
right now hes on a special diet to loose weight, and is on prescription food at a low amount so anything to be added to the food wouldnt work. But, he does get a squirt of low calorie omega 3 fatty acid daily onto his food to keep his skin from being dry.

Id love to talk to another ragdoll owner! Mine has alot of issues haha, Ill message you smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Strange, Feb 19 6:42 pm

Cat Health > eye brow whiskers lost?!

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '08 5:10pm PST 
We sometimes loose a couple of our face whiskers, but weve never lost all of them before!, mom isnt sure what that could mean
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ishtar *proud wobnapt*, Feb 19 11:17 pm

Grooming > Taking my cat to a groomer
Strange

Princess

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '08 5:01pm PST 
I take my long haired ragdoll to the groomer.
Personally he really enjoys it there.
They comb him and chop at any knots he may have worked to hard for me to brush out, and they shave around his bum so the long hair doesnt get icky from pee etc.
Then she bathes and conditions him, puts him a thing to blow warm air to dry him and then he heads home.

She told me that she uses a special netted type bag for the cats to keep them calm in the bath, there head sticks out one end and they are zippered into it with all these big holes and then that keeps them from fighting etc and they feel secure, and I have to say, it works because hes super well behaved there
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Strange, Feb 19 6:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Do outdoor trips make indoor cats crazy?

Strange

Princess

Purred: Fri Feb 15, '08 9:21pm PST 
I take mine out in the cat stroller only, my one poor boy has no fear and so hes always wanting outside by himself, and its just not allowed, and he knows this. hes only allowed outside in his stroller. hes the only one out of our 3 that want to go outside, the other two are scared to death of outside and even dont care for being out in the stroller, even though its completely screened in and safe. The boy thats always wanting outside, is fine unless your around the door, coming in or out, so were just careful and monitor people who are leaving etc. Mind you, he desperatly wants to go home with the resturant delivery person, because he smells the pizza and such, and is always trying to leave with them. He will never be allowed out on his own, unless hes in his stroller and he knows it though. He has accidently walked out onto the sidewalk to the driveway once, and i just picked him up and put him back inside. To help him be happier, We need a screen door thats screen from top to bottom, so he can sit at the door from spring to fall with the screen door and pretend hes outside and that really helped. Id take him out on a harness but he hates them and wont move when I attach one. He is a ragdoll cat though, and has separation anxeity, and alot of health problems and has a very people personality, so being outdoors would be harmful to him. He spends all hours with me indoors since Im rarely anywhere but home.

Mind you, he was desperatly wanting out on a super cold day not long ago when we had over a meter of snow, so I took him and ploped him in a snowbank to show him what it was like out, he headed straight back to the door and didnt even look at the door for the rest of the day.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Strange, Feb 15 9:21 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Does your parents make things for you?

Strange

Princess

Purred: Sat May 12, '07 7:14pm PST 
mums always making us things, wed love to join!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jonah, May 27 7:41 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Charlie crossed over last night

Strange

Princess

Purred: Tue Sep 26, '06 9:13pm PST 
our family is very sorry for your loss. and we give our purrs and comforts
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by In loving memory ~* Anakin *~, Oct 5 5:25 pm

Cat Health > temper question for my little friend
Strange

Princess

Purred: Fri Sep 22, '06 8:50pm PST 
thanks hunter, i wasnt sure where to put this
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Strange, Sep 22 8:50 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.