Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 208: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Kitten Corner > Need forever homes for 4 very special needs kittens
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sun Mar 29, '15 4:19am PST 
Don't beat yourself up - you made a mistake and now the lesson is learned. Once you're sure what the kittens' disabilities are you should search on a place like Facebook for groups that specialize in that disorder. For example, there are groups there for blind cats, CH cats, etc. Usually they have a section for adoptions and will let you post the kittens. Be sure to include your location and contact info.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Today 4:19 am

Raw Food Diet > New to feeding raw - have some questions...
BK

Purred: Sun Mar 29, '15 4:14am PST 
Glad to hear Cisqua is doing so well1 If you can't find organ meat at your regular grocery store I reccomend butchers, Greenmarkets and ethnic markets. Sometimes you have to be a detective to find exactly what you want!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Today 4:14 am

BK

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '15 10:31pm PST 
When BK decided he didn't want kidney any more I switched him to sweetbreads for his "other" organ. They were a little harder to find but they worked well.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Today 4:14 am

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

BK

Purred: Sun Mar 22, '15 2:55am PST 
Here's where we run into problems. What you state as fact, we feel is your opinion and you don't see it that way. You keep talking about your nutritional training and it sounds like the class was taught by a Hills rep, which is common in vet school. I respect veterinarians very, very much but the one thing I don't believe they're taught well is nutrition. Most nutrition classes are taught by or sponsored by the big pet food companies who have a vested interest in selling their food. There haven't been enough scientific studies about feline nutrition at all.

So please, try to be as respectful of other people as we're trying to be to you. Caster is generally a friendly community and we'd like to keep it that way.
Approved by forums moderator

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Thu 6:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

BK

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 11:41am PST 
I'm not sure how you know everyone here and what their education and experience is. One of the great things about knowledge is that you can always learn new things. That's one of the purposes of Catster - we can help each other learn.
Approved by forums moderator

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Thu 6:51 pm

BK

Purred: Fri Mar 20, '15 4:39am PST 
It isn't unheard of for cats to have an intolerance to beef, which would extend to the blood too. Luckily you have lots of other things she'll eat!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by BK, Today 4:14 am

BK

Purred: Thu Mar 19, '15 11:30am PST 
But you're not the only one with experience. I've gotten multiple diabetic fosters off insulin just with a diet change in addition to successfully treating other conditions through nutrition. We believe different things, that's all. I'm sorry that you seem to take this personally but we are all allowed our opinions.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Thu 6:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Catbox trouble

BK

Purred: Thu Mar 19, '15 5:11am PST 
A friend of mine had this problem with her cat - the cat wasn't squatting - and it turned out she had a touch of arthritis and it hurt to squat. She added some Cosequin to her diet and it really helped. The cat now squats and and there's no more pee out of the box. Just a thought.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BK, Mar 19 5:11 am

BK

Purred: Thu Mar 19, '15 5:09am PST 
The blood from the heart shouldn't cause a problem, although the meal may just have been a little rich for her. I would try again before you decide it's the kidneys. Perhaps mix them with a muscle meat to cut down the richness of the serving.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by BK, Today 4:14 am

BK

Purred: Thu Mar 19, '15 5:05am PST 
I'm going to disagree once again (surprise!). As an obligate carnivore protein does not pose a problem to cats. The definition of obligate carnivore: "An animal that necessarily subsists on a diet consisting mainly of meat, because it does not possess the physiology to digest vegetable matter." In my opinon, carbs, in the form of vegetables or grains, are useless to cats and can actually be dangerous.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Thu 6:51 pm

(Page 1 of 208: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.