Postings by BK

GO!

(Page 1 of 210: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Losing hair around the mouth and sore looking patch - advice please?
BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat May 23, '15 3:57am PST 
This calls for a vet visit - no one can diagnose over the internet. Be sure you're using glass or stainless steel dishes. Plastic can hold bacteria that could cause skin irritations. But keep that vet appointment!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Mon 11:36 am

Behavior & Training > Indoor Cat Problem
BK

Purred: Wed May 20, '15 4:21am PST 
She should be microchipped and kept inside. Outdoors is too dangerous for cats, especially in a city.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mila 'The Diva' Purz, Sat 6:47 am

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues

BK

Purred: Mon May 11, '15 10:42am PST 
I happen to love veterinarians, Chloe. I just believe your nutrition class was taught by Hills, who has a vested interest in recommending and selling certain foods. I'm presenting another opinion that didn't come from a pet food corporation. People should do their own research if this is something they're interested in.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Cat Health > Littler Box Issues

BK

Purred: Sun May 10, '15 7:29am PST 
Sorry, I just can't let these comments go uncontested. In my opinion and from huge amounts of research, dry food actually *causes* urinary issues so it's dangerous to say there's no advantage to wet food. Once again, a cat's body is designed to get its moisture from food. A cat fed a dry diet is mildly but chronically dehydrated. This causes the urine to concentrate and can cause crystals to form. A cat fed a wet or raw diet has enough fluid in its body to keep its bladder and urinary tract flushed and avoids UTIs and crystals.

Again, I know Chloe and I disagree but you should have both sides of the argument and do your own research.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), May 15 8:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > Help! One cat's too fat and one's too skinny!

BK

Purred: Mon Apr 27, '15 4:24am PST 
In my opinion they should both be on all wet food. It may be lower in calories but they are better quality calories So Lucy will feel more satisfied. The carbs in the dry food will not help her lose weight. If she's fed a specific amount of good quality (high protein, low carb) canned food the weight will start to come off. Meanwhile, Leo should just get more - let him eat as much as he wants until he's a good weight. Of course, you should still pick his dish up when he's done so Lucy doesn't eat it.

One more thought, I would definitely schedule vet visits if they haven't been recently. Make sure Leo's weight doesn't have a physical cause.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 28 6:30 am

Kitten Corner > Sick 6-week old kitten...need reassurance
BK

Purred: Sat Apr 25, '15 4:37am PST 
There are others here with more kitten experience than I have but I would suggest at least one middle of the night feeding. I know when you're bottle feeding it has to be done every two hours day and night. At his age I would have thought he'd be able to go through the night without a feeding but if he's sick he may need extra help. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella, Apr 27 9:34 am

Raw Food Diet > Loose Poop

BK

Purred: Sat Apr 25, '15 4:35am PST 
I'm not sure why that potato starch is in there and if it would irritate their tummies. Here's a good site that talks about probiotics and dosages: http://www.ibdkitties.net/Probiotics.html
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Apr 25 6:46 pm

BK

Purred: Thu Apr 23, '15 4:33am PST 
Yes, by all means!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Apr 25 6:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > Transition to Wet Food

BK

Purred: Wed Apr 22, '15 5:35am PST 
It's not prescription but I believe it's only available at the vet. Good luck - let me know how it goes.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Fri 9:27 pm

BK

Purred: Tue Apr 21, '15 4:34am PST 
Rather than using up the Bold and switching I would do a combo for a few days. Best to make changes slow with any stomach upset. I would still get some probiotics since they're on Metronidazole.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Apr 25 6:46 pm

(Page 1 of 210: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.