Postings by Maizy 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Pookie's now at the Bridge
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:54pm PST 
I remember seeing you around here. Sending our sympathy to you for your loss. Pookie is no longer hurting, and is keeping watch over you. I wish you peace. little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Fri 2:08 am

Behavior & Training > Shy new cat~
Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:52pm PST 
Just give her some time. SHe has had some major changes, and now she has to get used to a new home and new person. Rather than trying to pick her up, sit in the same room with her. Try reading aloud or talking to her softly so she learns your voice. Toss some treats or food for her, or try a wand toy. It will take some time, especially if she is a shy girl, but curiosity will win out and she will start to explore & get to know you better. And thank you for saving a kitty! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Felix, Thu 3:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Crazy Ollie (issues with cat looking for advice)

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:49pm PST 
You could try hiding some toys for him to hunt, or treats. They have treat dispenser toys that are like a puzzle. I have a puzzle box that mine like. It is flat with holes, and you can put a toy or treats, then they have to paw inside to get them out. I think keeping him occupied like that will help! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Thu 3:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is the best choice of food for a cat with a sensitive tummy? Please help!

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:46pm PST 
I feed grain free wet, a tiny bit of dry. Halo brand. I have one with IBD, and another with a touchy tummy, and this works for all.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Thu 3:46 pm

Cat Health > Stomach Issues

Maizy

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:44pm PST 
Hello! Maizy (and the 3 boys) eat Halo canned. She does get a pinch of dry, Halo grain free, but only as her night time snack. Any treats I buy are all grain free. She went from 1/2 tab of the prednisolone daily to 1/4 every other day. Can't seem to get it lower, but she is doing well. The supplement also seems to help her. I also feed 4 times a day. I work from home so it is easy for me to do this, but I find that if she eats smaller amounts through the day rather than wolfing down a larger amount (she is tiny, but not a lady when it comes to chow!) it keeps her from vomiting. Once in a while she does get some ProPlan ocean fish - as it is an old favorite and a special treat. SHe keeps her weight steady. Maybe try using the wet food, and if scheduling doesn't permit frequent feeding, give a smaller portion, then wait a few minutes & try more. Funny, but my son had an issue with keeping food down, and I had to do the same with him. I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of this. But perhaps there is something in that food that she just cannot tolerate. Maizy was on ZD diet for a while. The protein is broken down and made easier to digest & absorb. Fair warning it is crazy expensive. She did not stay on it because it seemed to give her gas...in the smelliest of ways... but after a bit, we transitioned over to the Halo, and so far so good. It is just finding the magic combo I guess. You could also try & mix a bit of plain pumpkin (organic preferred) with her food. It helps with both vomiting & any issues with the litter box duties. If you are able to try raw, then by all means give that a try. BK is very knowledgeable in that. Maizy would get "the vapors" and faint if I tried to place anything like that in front of her. She does sometimes eat some plain cooked chicken. I hope that your vet visit will give you some more clues. It hurts when your baby is sick & you can't figure it out that is for sure. And if you do not feel utmost confidence with your vet, then try a new one if you need to. Best to you both!cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Sat 12:04 pm

Cat Health > Advice for cat not eating - possibly due to stress
Maizy

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:21pm PST 
Maybe try and put a bit of food JimJam does like to see if he eats. I did have once, Maizy got frightened and hid behind the couch. SHe would not come out and of course I was panicky. I just left the area & kept things quiet, and she did come out & eat, then finally ventured out. Just to be sure though - is he stuck that he can't figure out how to come out? If things do not improve, I agree with CHloe's mom that a vet visit is in order.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Tue 7:51 pm

Cat Health > Stomach Issues

Maizy

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:16pm PST 
Did the vet mention IBD at all? The site IBDkitties.net is very good to learn about tummy troubles. Maizy has IBD and is on some prednisolone, but not sure if your vet looked for that issue also. I feed only no grain foods, some of the Hills do have corn, and can be causing tummy troubles. Wet also seems to be a bit more tolerable. I also give Maiz by Vet's Best - hairball control - it has slippery elm, and other soothing herbs to make the tummy happy - no mineral oil or anything. I hope your kitty feels better soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Sat 12:04 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > I'm new

Tigger

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:11pm PST 
welcome Welcome to Catster! Things are still a bit hectic around here, as the site has been going through some changes, and some parts are not functioning =, but overall it is a fun place!way to gowave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shannara, Wed 9:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Crazy Ollie (issues with cat looking for advice)

Tigger

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:06pm PST 
You could try some boxes filled with paper that he can shred. I give mine the crinkly craft paper, and they tear it up, but leave the other things alone. He is testing his boundaries, and it seems like you are doing everything right. If it gets really bad at night, is there a room he can be put in to keep him safer? They also do have this Scat Spray, it is a motion activated canister of air, that when the cat goes by it, it srpays & makes a hiss sound. You could try that by the TV. I too would be worried about both his safety and not wanting to replace a tv!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Thu 3:49 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Badger died today
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Tue Apr 7, '15 2:44pm PST 
sending you hugs and thoughts for your loss. It is so hard to lose a kitty. Sending purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Apr 11 8:31 pm

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.