Postings by Behr's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Cats and a Clean Home > I need litter help!
Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 8:09am PST 
Ok problem solved... We went to Petsmart and got Arm and Hammer extra strength because it was a good price. We are going to empty all the litter boxes, wash them thoroughly and put brand new litter in. Mom had this idea of taking this big piece of stiff plastic, screwing it into the wall and putting the rest inside the cat box.. Probably hard to imagine, but I hope it works.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Nov 30 8:09 am

Cats and a Clean Home > I need litter help!
Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Thu Nov 28, '13 11:57am PST 
I tried the Worlds best Cat Litter and didn't think it was that great. We've tried all kinds of litters and the best for us seems to be Scoop Away. They make a Super Clump Unscented, so you might want to give it a try. Walmart carries Scoop away and right now they are $9.97 for 25 lbs. Plus if you get coupons it'll make it that much cheaper. We have to use the Extra Strength because we have 10 cats (and yes they are spayed and neutered). They are all indoors, so you can imagine how bad the cat boxes can smell. They are scooped every morning, dusted and the sides are wiped with a wet wipe to help with the odor. It's quite a routine, but we love them all. OK now onto my question: Some of our cats do not squat when they pee, so needless to say it get's on the wall and goes over the sides onto the floor. Because we have to many cats we have 2 of the jumbo boxes and one regular sized one in between. Right now we are using storage container lids against the walls and doggy pee pads under the boxes to cats the excess pee, but then you have the cat box and stinky pee pads in the room. Any ideas on something we can use maybe as a cat box that has high sides, but now too high where they are not going to want to jump in? Why do our cats not squat? They aren't old. Behr is 5 and Harmony is 1. Just plain laziness? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Behr, Nov 30 8:09 am

Cat Health > Feral Kitten drooling and acting weird

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Mon Jul 15, '13 8:51am PST 
Distemper possibly?? Let us know what happens.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Spot, Jul 15 5:37 pm

Raw Food Diet > Question about Raw food diet

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Thu Jan 31, '13 3:44pm PST 
Hi Merlin

We are using Small Batches.. 5 oz of food sounds a lot better than 1 1/2 -2 oz (silly mom) Harmony is about 5 months old and VERY active. Her and the 2 older cats get fed 4 times a day. So should we give her say 2 oz at breakfast and lunch and maybe 1 oz for each snack? I have another question. Someone posted a coupon for the instinct raw food. Right now we are buying the chubs, but would interested in trying the instinct, but I need to know, if we are using the chubs , do we need to keep using them or can we use the instinct as well.

One other question. We split the chubs into 1 ounce pieces and put them into small baggies. They are a nightmare to get out the bag once they are defrosted, so we were going to just put it in one container and use a scoop to take it out. How long can the meat sit in the refrigerator without going bad?? Mind you we are feeding 6 out of 11 cats the raw. The rest want nothing to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your help.

Kelli
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rumpy Bump Stumpnots, Feb 6 7:38 am

Raw Food Diet > Nature's Variety Instinct raw coupon

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '13 9:48pm PST 
We've decided to try the raw food diet again with our cats. The lady at the vet suggested buying the chubs (just the chicken and no veggies just to get them started. We bought 2 Small Batch food. She said it is less expensive, but still a good food and a easy way to start. I've printed your coupon for the Instinct food (which I almost bought). My question is, if we are using one brand of food do we need to stick to that brand or can we use some of the instinct? I'm new to the raw food diet thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Kelli
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jan 30 9:48 pm

Raw Food Diet > Question about Raw food diet
Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '13 9:21pm PST 
My mom has decided to try the raw food diet again with us cats. She bought 2 chubs and have split it up into 1 oz portions. I have a new sister who is 6 1/2 lbs. For her it says 4-5% of her of her body weight. We figured that was about 1 1/2 -2 oz a day. I think those calculations are wrong. She is few wet food 4 times a day right, so if were going to split even 2 oz a day that would only be 1/2 oz per meal. To me that doesn't seem like enough food. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rumpy Bump Stumpnots, Feb 6 7:38 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Happy ending for Roma

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Fri Oct 28, '11 8:55pm PST 
My mom rescued a kitten 3 years. Talia was 5 days old. Mom left with one kitten and left her. Well she noticed the sibling hanging around dry food is left out on the porch. After a long time we were able to tame her enough to bring her inside. now will join Talia, Teddy, Harley, Bella, Boone (Siblings), Behr and Lilly. If you counted right yes that is 8 cat's now. We took her to the vet yesterday. I suspected someone had gotten her spayed, After shaving her belly, they were pretty sure she was. We don't don't know if someone trapped her got her spayed and then released her or if she belonged to someone who either lost her or dumped her. She is very sweet. Loves to be petted and will talk your ear off. Tomorrow she goes for testing. I'm glad this had a happy outcome because some of our neighbors are not very nice to stray cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Oct 28 8:55 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > Am I cute are what?

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Tue Dec 7, '10 12:08am PST 
My meowmy taught me to make biscuits on command.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25154904@N02/5069040410/
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by KuJu Ku , Dec 9 6:54 am

Cat Health > Declawing

Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Mon Dec 6, '10 11:46pm PST 
Although I have never had a real bad problem with mine scratching anything other than their scratching their cardboard.. With that said have you tried corrugated cardboard.. This seems to be a good attractor for cats.. you can put some catnip on it to encourage them to scratch.. The good thing about these scratcher's are they are very in-expensive.. Good luck and please do not declaw your kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Dec 15 4:07 pm

Laws & Legislation > Laws on inoculating cats
Behr

I'm bearly a- Behr

Purred: Sun Jun 27, '10 5:12pm PST 
Ok I called the local animal control and they said there are NO laws as far as cats.. just dogs.. There is a low cost clinic coming up by my house.. I guess I will take them in.. The one that bites is my sister Lilly, but it's is only mom and affectionately (although it is annoying and she's putting a stop to it). If anyone else comes in the house that she doesn't know she runs. Thank you everyone for your post's.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Behr, Jun 27 5:12 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.