GO!

Getting Desperate - need to rehome cat in Austin TX area.

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Kittybaby

Princess- Puppetmaster - dance human!

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '12 7:07am PST 
See "Am I a bad person if..."

I need to rehome my beloved kitty ASAP. I have been trying to find a place for her on my own for the last three or four weeks. So far no takers, the cat rescues are full to the brim with kittens (feral and otherwise). I am now missing days of work because of pain.

She is spayed, chipped, trained to use scratchers, sweet, purrs, loves to sleep on your belly, loves to play then curl up and sleep with you. She hasn't been around dogs, don't know how she would do with small children but she was with other cats before I got her. She is an indoor cat. I trim her front claws about every 2 weeks, back claws about every 6 weeks so she is used to that. She is NOT declawed, I won't give her to someone who would consider declawing her.

She will need her yearly exam/shots in 4 months and I will help with the cost of that or waive rehoming fees. Also have multiple scratchers, toys, a large cat tree/condo and 7 days worth of food.

I will check back later to see if anyone has any ideas for this area. Thanks in advance.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '12 8:30am PST 
I would highly suggest you speaking with local vets, and asking to put up her picture/posting.

Placing cats takes time. When we fostered Delilah, we found her a home after a month, but we were showing her with a local rescue. Ask rescues if they would allow you to list her as a coutesy lisiting and explain it's an emergency.

Contact Best Friends animal organization, they have local rescues they work with and may be able to send out a local blast for her. They also have an extensive online community.

You need to be patient and network as much as possible.
[notify]