Starting to lapse into panic mode because you haven’t figured out what to buy for Christmas gifts, yet? Here are 13 gifts for cats and cat lovers that cost less than $13, and are guaranteed not to end up as white elephant gifts.
1. The Whirlybird Cat Toy
I’ve given many of these as gifts, and it’s rare to find a cat who doesn’t go absolutely APE over them! I like that it’s a little one-person business, completely handmade in the USA. Ask her if you can pay a couple of extra bucks to have it sent Priority Mail if you want to be sure that it arrives for Christmas. (Hint: Order extra whirly-bird refills while you’re at it. You’ll need ’em!) It’s a great value at $11.95.
2. A Festive Holiday Necktie for your cat. Just because your dad hated getting neckties for Christmas doesn’t mean your cats will. They’ll look very festive in this holiday patterned tie from The Cat in the Clover. Just $4 for the tie, and a bit more for the collar to which it attaches.
The artist creates animal Christmas drawings that are then embroidered onto natural linen, sewn and backed with 100% cotton red drill fabric. Stuffed with low allergy poly fill. Great for cat lover friends who collect ornaments, and only $12.50.
4. Catnip Toys from the Siamese Rescue Store. I don’t know how they do it, but their catnip toys are a million times more potent that what you get at big box Pet Food Stores. And, the box and wrapping it’s delivered in will drive your cat nuts. I highly recommend these hearts, the cigar, or the banana. The heart is $6.95; the cigar is $4.95, and the bananas are $6.50. They can ship via Priority Mail, which should easily get it there by Christmas. Proceeds benefit Siamese Rescue.
5. White Cat Sock Puppet. Need someone to keep your Pets.com sock puppet happy or entertain a toddler in your life? She’s yours for only $4.95.
6. Zany Cheese Wedgie with 60 fur mice, a steal at $11.99
If you’re not up to fishing out all the lost mice under your fridge or furniture, why not start the New Year fresh with a gazillion new fur mice for less than $12. Store them in a ziplock full of catnip to kick the fun up a notch.
7. Christmas Tree Twinkle Star Holiday SweaterWhat a deal! Now 62% off, this festive holiday sweater will only cost you $9.50. What cat wouldn’t love wearing this Christmas morning to help open all the Christmas gifts? (OK, don’t answer that!)
8. Homer’s Odyssey At only $10.80 from Amazon, it’s a no-brainer for your cat-lover friends …. and you! Read The Cat’s Meow’s interview with author Gwen Cooper.
9. Hazel Lucy Cat Hats .
You may have seen a Hazel Lucy cat collar and Tranquility Blanket on Animal Cops Philadelphia a few weeks ago. You can own a handcrafted Hazel Lucy Cap for around $10 (depending on design), and a scarf or collar for $9. She also has matching caps for Mom and Cat, Tranquility Blankets and more! Check it out.
10. The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody$10.88 to thrill your favorite cat loving friends and their cats.
11. Skittering and Jittering Cat Toy One pull of their cords will send these crazy characters skittering and jittering across the floor, driving cats wild wherever they go! Soft plush invites playful cats to pounce. No batteries required! And only $5.95.
13. Cat Lady Fridge Magnets by Cat Lady artist Susan Faye. A purrfect stocking stuffer or mini-gift that can be enclosed with a Christmas card. Only $4.49 ea. 10-packs available. Many designs are available, on products from totes to calendars in her Cafe Press Shop.
NOTE: Prices were accurate as of 12/17/09, but are subject to change.