It’s time for The Cat’s Meow’s End-of-Summer Giveaway, featuring a fabulous prize from Linden Alley with a retail value of $300.
Linden Alley makes it possible and affordable for anyone to commission custom-made oil paintings from master portrait artists. For our End-of-Summer giveaway, they are giving away one custom oil portrait painted by a master portrait artist to a lucky reader of The Cat’s Meow.
The lucky winner will receive:
- One 16x20inch oil painting featuring up to two cats. Linden Alley will frame the painting and ship to the winner’s home in the U.S. (If address is outside the U.S, they will ship a gallery-style wrapped canvas with no external frame). The painting will be ready to hang. The retail value is $300. Click here for more examples of Linden Alley’s work.
- The winner can review pictures of the painting first and request unlimited revisions until 100% satisfied.
How to Enter
- Leave a comment on this post describing why your cat would make the purrfect model for a custom oil painting.
- For additional chances to win, you may leave one comment on every post during the contest period which ends at 11:59pm PT on SEP 8 2009. For example, if there are 25 posts on The Cat’s Meow between now and September 8th, you can leave a comment on each of those posts, for a total of 25 entries.
- Only one comment per household per post is permitted.
- You must leave a valid email addresss and a valid Catster profile URL or blog URL when you leave a comment. Not a Catster member? It’s free! Here’s how to join.
- You must have a Catster profile or blog URL to enter.
- One one entry per household per post during the contest period.
- The portrait will be composed from a photo provided by the winner. For best results, the photo should clearly feature the cat(s), with minimum pixel dimensions of 640X480.
- The artist can create a composite portrait from two photos. (Handy if your cats refuse to pose together.)
- The winner will be drawn at random (via random.org) from all entries and announced on The Cats Meow on 9/9/9.
- The winner will be contacted at the email address entered when the entry was submitted. If that winner fails to respond within 72 hours, another random drawing will be held to select a new winner.
- Linden Alley assumes all responsibility for producing the portrait and delivering it to the winner.
About Linden Alley:
Linden Alley was founded by German-American art-lover Peter Burchhardt with the goal of making top-quality custom paintings available at reasonable prices. A true multi-national, Peter grew up in Germany, studied and worked in the US, and has lived in Asia since 2006. He speaks and reads fluent Chinese. Living in different cities around China, he saw the stunning number of highly talented artists concentrated there. There are gifted and well-trained artists with few means to find customers for their work. Some of their work is bought up by agents who then resell for more than ten times the purchase value at galleries in Europe, the US, and wealthy parts of Asia. Others work for big companies creating artwork to furnish hotels and business chains. Peter noticed an opportunity to use the Internet to reduce layers of middlemen and put the best artists in more direct touch with their customers. Linden Alley now makes it possible for anyone to commission custom-made artwork from master portrait artists, no matter how far away they are.
- Click here to view the work produced through Linden Alley.