my cats have a lot of static in there fur. every time I touch them I shock them and when i pet down there back you can

Asked by Member 1144689 on Dec 11th 2012 Tagged staticfur, shock in Grooming

Answers

Everybody has this problem starting about now if you live in a climate where you need to use a furnace to heat your home. Here are a few things you can try: rub a small amount of baby lotion between your palms and then pet your cats. Then brush them. You can also try wiping them down with a dryer sheet each day. Both things will cut down on the static. You can also mix hair conditioner with water and spray it on their brush and then brush them. That also seems to help. Hope this works!

George

Unfortunately, static is everyone's problem. Try getting/using a humidifier in your home to moisten the air and cut down on static. You can also make sure that your hands are not too dry by using lotion frequently. You can try to make a consious effort to touch something else to discharge yourself before touching kitty, but that's not a 100% fix since they can shock you too. I would shy away from using baby oil or conitioner as mention in the post before mine, since cats clean themselves with their tongues they could become ill. Good luck with your static battle!

George answered on 12/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer