my cat gets cat litter stuck in his feet

I change the cat litter often but my cat gets the litter stuck in his feet and it is clumping litter and should i use a different kind of litter that this will not happen and i try to wash my cats feet but the litter is stuck in his feet and is hard and i am afraid to hurt him i use baby wipes is that good to do what is the best litter to use and the best way to clean his feet

Asked by Member 1134952 on Oct 9th 2012 Tagged cleaningmycatsfeet in Home Grooming

Answers

This happens to all cats. I find litter in my bed, couch, everywhere... it happens when they're covering in the sandbox. There is no litter mat on the planet that is going to catch everything. By trying to wash his feet, you are making the clumping litter stick to his feet. There is no resason for YOU to be cleaning the cat's feet, cats are naturally good groomers so let him clean his own feet. Litter choice is a matter of preference. I have 4 cats so I like a low dust type for my cat bathrooms. Try different kinds and see what works best for your cat. Some cats become very particular with certain types of litter and act out if you switch. If you don't mind changing the box all the time you can try recycled paper pellet litter, mix it in with what you have at first for your guy to get used to it. ^_^