Is there anything I can give my cat to settle his stomach?

my cat has an upset stomach..hes having diarrhea and he just doesn't want to do anything...I think it might be because I gave him wet food when he is used to dry food. He is also on Prednisone and Meclizine..Is there any sort of natural food i can give him to help him??

Asked by Member 1005232 on Sep 22nd 2010 Tagged settle, stomach, diarrhea, medications, natural in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

from past experience i would say boiled rice and either white fish or chicken as it plain(this is normally what my vet recommends when my kitties have funny tummies!)if it continues after a few days i would take him to the vet again just to be safe!
Amy

Joey

Ask your vet if you can give your kitty a quarter of a Pepcid tablet - I have been told this in the past from my vet that it's okay and can help get the kitty through a period of stomach upset - ask your vet though since your kitty is on other medication if there are any drug interactions or if the Pepcid would prevent the absorption of those medications - it can help - in the meantime boiled chicken and rice is a good idea, as well as baby food (that does not contain onion powder - check the label) check with the vet and good luck!

Joey answered on 9/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer