I just got marie antoinette and she is suspose to be maine coon, was wondering if she looked maine coon to you guys?

Asked by Member 602440 on Jun 29th 2009 in Maine Coon

Answers

Welcome to Catster! I am a Maine Coon (mix) and honestly, there are a LOT of Maine Coon mixes out there today. Unless your pawrent got papers with you saying you were a pure-bred Maine Coon, then you probably have a long family tree with lots of branches and limbs just like me. But that doesn't make us any less loveable, right? Whatever you are, you are certainly a beautiful kitty and we'll bet your pawrent loves you VERY much!

Harvey

Maine Coons come in two varieties--the indigenous, natural kind, and the purebred kind. Marie-Antoinette looks like she has indigigenous Maine Coon heritage in her. The eye shape, the ear setting, the muzzle...Fur length is not as important as body and facial configuration. Maine Coon mixes are extremely common in America (I live in Japan), and I would guess that she has MC heritage. I have spent the past year and a half making Harvey a Grand Premier and a Regional Winner, and I have seen so many MCs that my eyes are rolling. One interesting thing about MCs is that, because they are basically just house cats, they show much more variety than breeds like Russian Blues or Siamese--not just color, but facial configuration, etc. If you want to know more, go to the CFA site. They will tell you about breed standards. No, you do not have a purebred MC, but your cat seems to have MC heritage. Enjoy.

Harvey answered on 6/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer