I have 2 cats one very loving and the other a very fearful. wE MOVED ,took away 1 pan, mom is gone, spraying out box

We moved he is a very timided cat and one very loving in the process of moving I took away one litter box, mand now my Mom is in a home. and I have no idea which one is spraying out side the box, or why. but one of them is big time. any advise on what to use to get rid of the smell and fix probkem , trying not to have to get rid og cats

Asked by Member 901231 on Oct 15th 2009 in Local Spots & Services

Answers

Two cats should have at LEAST 2 litterboxes.If you have cut them back to just one, then you ned to put the second box back. For the smell, you can use an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle. This will help remove not only what you are smelling but also the scent he can smell so he won't keep going back to that same spot. And you also have to be patient with him. A move is traumatic for any cat, especially a timid one. So he needs time to adjust to the new place. Also make sure that the litterboxes are located someplace he feels safe. If they are in a high traffic area or someplace noisy like by a washing machine, he may not feel safe in the litterbox. Inappropriate elimination is often the only method a cat has to tell us something is wrong and you need to figure out what he's telling you.

Allie is right. A relocation is very hard on everyone involved. If you have to give up your cats because they don't use the box, I can almost guarantee you they won't get another home. Why did you get rid of a litterbox? I have 3 cats and 4 boxes and they use them all. If they aren't fixed, you need to get this done and it will cut down on the spraying if not elminate it entirely. Please be patient with the little guys. They need your love and understanding right now!