Afraid

Hi I have 3 cats, 2 females and 1 male. my oldest cat fraidy who was a stray is now aggressive towards my other female

ive had my youngest girl the longest and then I ended up with my friends kitten who's 4 months old now. everything was fine even when we took in friady who was a stray and has had kittens before and then all of the sudden she became aggressive towards my other female whos 8 months old and attacks her and follows are around keeping an eye on her for no reason at all
I don't know why or how to stop it

Asked by Afraid on Jan 26th 2013 Tagged feral, rescue, anger in Aggression

Answers

Both cats are spayed, right? If not, this needs to be done. I just suggested to another poster here that maybe there's a stray cat outside that her cats see. Since the cats can't get at the outside cat, they will attack whoever is handy inside. It's also possible that one of your cats isn't feeling well, so at least a call to the vet is in order since this is a sudden change in behavior. For the time being, you might want to separate the 2 of them if you didn't when you brought the baby home. Fraidy sounds like she's being very territorial and needs reassurance that you still love her. This is a situation that takes time, patience and kindness and a little advice from the vet. Good luck!