Grandmas apartment complex abusing stray cats? What can I do without killing someone?

So , as my grandmother says, "the only thing I feel bad about is that the world didnt end."

There's a white beautiful pregnant cat around here and my grandma unfortunately doesn't have the funds to care for her. She just came upstairs to tell me that someone burned the cats face and she has one eye now. She was trying to eat, and was meowing, I assume in pain. I'm fuming, my efforts are futile however as the apartment owners hate animals and so do most of the old, disgusting, perverted sickening, ugh. These other people here. VERY few residents are nice to the cats, that have mostly been thrown out by people who live here.

this place is wretched and I wish it'd shut down, but alas, it was just bought again by some people.

Who cares.

I want to know what I can do now.
Call animal control and explain the situation? I'm concerned , I don't believe they'll take me seriously.

I wish with every fiber of my being to help them but we don't have a penny to our name.

Asked by Member 1146924 on Dec 27th 2012 Tagged strays, animalcontrol, abuse in Shelters & Rescue

Answers

This story disgusts me! Why hasn't anyone called your local SPCA and the police. I care for feral and stray cats in my neighborhood and had one old neighbor try to hurt a deaf feral cat. I told him I was calling Channel 10 news and would have them on his front lawn telling my story. He's afraid of me now and acts like he's my best friend. Needless to say, he hasn't messed with the cats since I threatened him with the local news media. Get tough! Most importantly, get help for these cats, particularly the one who is injured and yes, in pain! Best of luck to you for caring for these poor unfortunate animals.

Ginoza

You should take this very seriously, as animal cruelty is the hallmark of other criminal activities, including those which infringe on human rights.

Take photos of these animals if possible, include precise location, times and dates you've noticed these injuries. Get as much information on the people you suspect were responsible --do they live at the apartment? Do they own guns/other weapons? Do they have a criminal history?

I'm sure they won't blow you off, as animal cruelty is illegal in every state (and a felony in 46). Look up your local SPCA for their cruelty tipline--or speak with the police department (non-emergency) if you're in a rural location.

Ginoza answered on 12/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mustafa

My parents used to live in an apartment complex, and one day they found a dead kitten outside with its head stomped on. It was not run over by a car, but stepped on :(

Without proof of who committed the crime, there's no way for authorities to make anyone accountable. The best thing you can do is get some cat traps from a local shelter or rescue group, trap as many as you can, and call animal control or the rescue group to come pick them up.

Most agencies won't even try to catch the cats on their own...and some agencies just alter the caught cats and release them back into the outdoors especially when shelters are full.

But you can play a part in rescuing these poor kitties!

Mustafa answered on 1/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bless you for your concern.
hav no advice to add, the three answers below are helpful,
Am concerned about this poor white kitty suffering, were you able to help her?