Cats in Ties: Fathers Day Must Be Getting Close
When I was a kid and my mom would say, "Father's Day is coming what should we get your dad?" my siblings and I would answer, "A tie!"
I don't know how we were indoctrinated into the tie tradition, but we were, and my father ended up with a drawer full of useless novelty print ties. Or useless novelty print socks. Or useless novelty print shirts. A tie littered with lobsters seems like a good idea, but it's not very practical for the office -- especially at the office where my dad worked.
But guess who always looks good in a tie and doesn't have to go into an office? A cat. So here are 10 cats sporting rejected Father's Day ties, making them work as only cats can.
1. A hippie tie for the cat who regularly takes a hit of 'nip before hitting the cubicle
2. Bow ties are traditionally worn with tuxedos, unless you're a tuxedo who wishes to wear a tie
3. The collar and tie combination is economical, practical, and adorable
4. Because chasing feathers is very serious business
5. Bow ties and a smug face go hand in paw (or paw-claw to your hand)
6. Chevron stripes are always flattering and totally compliment tabby stripes
7. Don't mess with a cat with a bow tie and airplane ears
8. A clown and a cow
9. Plaid bow ties are a bold statement
10. And if all else fails, just lie on a pile of dorky-looking ties
What are you planning on doing for Father's Day? Did you get your dad another tie?
Hero photo: Young cat in a tie by Shutterstock
More about cats and the guys who love them: