Editor’s note: This story originally appeared in the March/April 2015 issue of Catster print magazine. Click here to subscribe to Catster magazine.
Also note: These delicious treats are for humans only, not cats.
If you’re making treats for Valentine’s Day this year, here’s a way to include a feline theme. With some miniature chocolate donuts and a few other supplies, you can make little kitty cat donuts that you might find too cute to eat.
- Mini chocolate donuts
- Candy hearts
- Red heart sprinkles
- White cookie icing
- White jimmies
- Edible eye candies
- Black edible marker (optional)
- Using the icing, attach the edible eye candies right above the hole in the donut. (You can leave the edible candy eyes the way they are, or you can make the pupils larger using the edible marker.)
- Place a candy heart in the hole for the nose. Use the icing to make the mouth, and place a red heart sprinkle in the mouth to look like a little kitty tongue.
- Use a knife to cut the top sides of the donut, then press in two more candy hearts with the points facing out to make the ears.
- Use the icing to attach white jimmies to look like whiskers.
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from Jill Mills’ Living Locurto blog.