Vid We Love: 5 Cats Who Refuse to Be Humiliated
Humans often want to talk about their feelings -- but have you ever noticed we are the only species that does this? My cats have never spent an entire afternoon trapped in a glass box of emotion over a text that wasn't returned or the fact that they farted audibly in yoga class -- and these cats do dumb crap every day. Maybe their way of dealing with emotions is just better than mine. Here are five cats blatantly caught in the act, handling embarrassing situations like pros -- that is, by shrugging it off and pretending like nothing happened.
1. You heard nothing
Much like the first time your lover caught you singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in the shower, this cat doesn't want his human to know the extent of his vocal prowess. When kitty gets caught perched on the windowsill barking like a dog, he resumes normal feline vocalizations ASAP. Nothing happened; nothing to see. Meow.
2. You saw nothing
We all have our strengths; agility is not one of Casey's. Stalking along the edge of the fishtank, this handsome ginger tabby totally thinks he's got this balancing act down -- until he falls, of course. Soaking wet, Casey endures the walk of shame past his giggling human and feline sibling like it ain't no thang.
3. You know nothing
When caught stealing some fancy red tulle from a drawer, this embarrassed kitty freezes in her tracks. How much do you want to bet, though, that instead of being wracked with guilt over her infraction, five minutes later she was back to shredding the living room rug like nothing happened?
4. No, really -- it's fine
When this face-smashingly cute kitten gets stuck in a hamster ball, he doesn't seem to notice his predicament. Instead, he keeps trying to eat his own tail, as if to say, "I meant to do that."
5. I learned nothing
Born in an old playhouse, these kittens have gone down this slide more than once, always with the same adorably embarrassing results. Either they refuse to learn their lesson, or they just don't give a damn -- or maybe Mama Cat is kind of an enabler. In any case, it's a good reminder that even if something doesn't work out, there's always next time.
Watch more cat videos:
- 5 Videos That Prove Big Cats are Just Like Little Cats
- The 7 Deadly Sins, as Demonstrated by Cat Videos
- Is Your Cat a Jerk? Take This Quiz to Find Out!
- 5 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cat Videos
- Everything We Know About Confidence We Learned From These Siamese Cats
- This Cat Is Better at Jenga Than You Are, and Other Harsh Truths
- 5 Actionable Steps to Improve Your Bottom Line (Just Kidding! Here's a Music Video About Kittens in Space!)
- Tips for Professional Development: Stop Working and Look at These Cats!
Learn more about your cat with Catster:
- I'm Willing to Bet That Your Cat Hates Her Litter Box -- Here's Why
- Weird Cat Facts: 8 Reasons Your Cat Likes to Lick You
- Our Best Tips for Getting Your Cat to Let You Sleep
About Angela: This not-crazy-at-all cat lady loves to lint-roll her favorite dress and go out dancing. She also frequents the gym, the vegan coffee joint, and the warm patch of sunlight on the living room floor. She enjoys a good cat rescue story about kindness and decency overcoming the odds, and she's an enthusiastic recipient of headbutts and purrs from her two cats, Bubba Lee Kinsey and Phoenix.