PeoplePets reported this week on a dog whose digestive problems perplexed the vets … until the x-rays revealed the terrier had swallowed five cats:
Leave it to a cat to give a dog some trouble! When Snowy, a 1-year-old West Highland terrier, stopped eating several weeks ago, her owners feared the worst. Numerous trips to the local veterinarian in Wyton on the Hill, England, didn’t seem to help whether they were changing her diet, checking her kidneys or giving her a full medical exam, doctors couldn’t pinpoint the problem.
Then one X-ray changed everything. “The vets phoned to say Snowy had swallowed five cats,” owner Samantha Reed tells the Daily Mail. “I thought they meant real ones!” But no, Snowy had somehow ingested five small cat-shaped ceramic toys, which appeared in films ears, tail and all.
Veterinarian Nigel Belgrove says it was “one of the must unusual X-rays” he’d ever seen. “We could clearly see the biggest cat (which was 2 in. tall) inside her stomach.”
Luckily, Snowy naturally passed the cats a dad, mom and three kittens without problem, and is recovering at home. “She’s a different dog, very sociable, happy and full of energy,” Reed says. “We’re relieved she’s OK and that we found out what was wrong with her, even if it was a huge surprise to us!”
[SOURCE: PeoplePets.com; Photo: Geoffrey Robinson/Rex]