GO!

Could I Be Part Turkish Angora?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Frisco Leo

Once a wild- feral, now the- sweetest cat

Purred: Sat Mar 10, '07 7:35pm PST 
My mom thinks so, but I want your opinions!

My fur matches the description purr-fectly, it is medium in length, and my tail fur is a bit longer, and pretty fluffy. Also it feels just like silk, mom says it's the softest thing she's ever felt!!laugh out loud Also, my color (brown & white tabby) is an accepted coat color of the T.A.

As for my personality, I'm active, playful, very affectionate, and I like to sleep on my mum's lap often. Mum says I'm like a dog, I follow her everywhere! I can't help it, I love my mommy!!kitty

I enjoy the company of other cats, and love to play with them. I don't mind dogs but my doggie brother tries to eat me!frown

Here is a picture of one that you can compare me too! I know, I am a brown tabby, but I couldn't find a picture of one!

So what do you guys think?kitty
[notify]

Frisco Leo

Purred: Sat Mar 10, '07 7:37pm PST 
( And I'm the first cat to post in this forum, woohoo!dancingcheerbig laugh )
[notify]

Phoebe

Girls Just Wanna- Have Fun

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '07 8:49am PST 
I just found this forum by accident. I'm administrator of the Turkish Angora group but we're not very active (we are too busy admiring ourselves MOL)

Do you have an undercoat? When I'm brushed, very little fur comes out. That's a really easy way to tell. But the fur I do shed is very light and floats all over the place.

We can be almost any color, but white is very prevalent. Blue is also common. Your picture looks like you have both.

We are vain, loving, and opinionated - we want things to go our way even more than most cats. Some of us scream when we're mad. I do that when I'm fighting with one of the other cats. And we are extremely good jumpers - very graceful.

If you google Turkish Angoras, there are some good articles out there describing us. When Mama read about the breed, that's how she discovered I had every trait and identified me.

I'll send you an invitation to our group too!

Phoebe
[notify]

Frisco Leo

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '07 5:47pm PST 
"Do you have an undercoat? When I'm brushed, very little fur comes out. That's a really easy way to tell. But the fur I do shed is very light and floats all over the place. "

Oh, yes I forgot to mention that! That sounds very much like my coat. Mum's picked through my fur before, to see if I had a short downy undercoat, but there is none, my fur on my body is all one length, and I may have a lot of fur, but I don't shed much!

Mom knows of some Turks in our area, so if I do infact have some in me, it wouldn't be very surprising.

Thankyou for your input! kitty
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '07 6:58pm PST 
I think I'm part Turkish Angora. My fur is semi-long. My ruff comes in very long during the winter, but it sheds out for summer. Mom looked at pictures of Turkish Angoras in the cat magazines and she thinks my sister and I have the slightly slanted eyes like those in the magazine. We also like to climb trees.

Rosebud

Rosie the Bud

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '07 1:06pm PST 
kitty My mom thinks I have some Turkish Angora in me, but she is not too sure. Is it very common to be odd-eyed in other breeds of cats?
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '07 5:27pm PST 
I'm sure there are odd-eyed cats in different breeds . . . shrug And I think the all white color is pure Angora. Welcome to Catster, Rosie! wave

Vanessa

Furry Girl

Purred: Sat Apr 28, '07 6:54pm PST 
I like to think that I'm part Turkish Angora too. Nothing wrong with dreaming and imagining, is there? Actually, after reading the breed description I can honestly say that I do have a number of the characteristics of the Turkish Angora breed. kitty
[notify]

Helios

(born on friday- the 13th...of- october)

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 2:14pm PST 
My sister and I are both purebred turks, and the main way I would use to test if you're completely one is attitude and energy level. We hate to sit still for too long! Crashing and toppling objects, darting across the floor, and turning everything into a toy is our specialty. We have more energy than the working doberman! No vase is safe in this house.

It's possible though, if you're part turk - that you could get the coat without the energy.
[notify]

Duchess- Twiggy La- Purr

Home is where- the Twiggy is!!

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '08 4:54pm PST 
kitty Hello to all Turks!! My mom just recently spoke to a well known breeder of we beautiful cats. She told my mom that near military bases there are Turks.....our overseas servicemen and their families brought a lot of Turks home cause they thought we were soooo gorgeous....Oh and we are all colors of the rainbow....the white odd eyed guys are the ones in the Turkish zoo and found with the breeders........but the rest of us are quite beautiful and also can be pure breed. I'm a cameo shaded angora(very rare indeed from what the breeder told my mom) but I was found in a parking lot near a military base...also near a neighborhood that has a lot of Turkish people. Everyone that replied that we have no undercoat is correct and the high energy level!! Oh and OPINIONATED!!! YES just ask my Mom!! MOL Hugs to all Turks (that is if you can stop watching yourself in the mirror...tee hee thats what i'm doing right now)
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2