GO!

So hard to say goodbye

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Purred: Thu Dec 5, '13 10:39pm PST 
Last Saturday I had to put my 7 year old Spike down after a very short illness. He was diagnosed with Chylothorax on Wednesday and by Saturday we discovered the cause was a large mass and he was declining rapidly. Between Wed and Sat he had two painful chest taps and he still struggled to breathe. Even though I know we did the right thing and we tried everything we could it's still so hard. The first few days were the worst because the only thing I could think about was the euthanasia process and how traumatic it was to watch (why does no one tell you this?!). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad me and my husband got to comfort him as he went, but sheesh! It's getting easier, the memories are turning to happy ones, I'm no longer weepy. BUT my other fur babies are looking for him cry. They miss their brother. That's been hard to watch.

Anyway, I discovered this site tonight and wanted to share Spike's story. He was an awesome cat. His favorite game was fetch and he had a terrible habit of eating non food items. I swear he thought he was a dog! And the first thing he would do when meeting a new human was hop up on their lap and smell their mouth! I will miss him sooooooo much!
[notify]

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Fri Dec 6, '13 8:39am PST 
Hallo...!! Hi...!! It's Jan here...Meouwmy of four and one half cats....!

I haven't got time to write properly to you today....but I will tomorrow and, hopefully, so will many other 'Catsters'.....we've all been through what you are going through and we all understand and feel for you....

Many good thoughts and kitty-kisses to you and your family...

Jan
[notify]

Wanda- 2000-2006

don\'t get in my- way

Purred: Fri Dec 6, '13 7:15pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss, it is never easy no matter the age or quality of life. It is tough to say goodbye, there will be times when you least expect it that missing them pops up out of no where and the tears will flow. There are so many here that have gone through this and we all understand. You can post here any time you need to talk. Love and prayers to you and your family.rainbow
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Dec 6, '13 8:53pm PST 
This is Delyte. I've run into Spike up here on the Bridge and he is so glad to be out of pain. But he misses you all terribly--he never expected to be here so soon.

I had to leave my person last July and she is still crying over me. The first Christmas without me in 18 years is going to be hard.

Like they said, you can post here any time and there are also special lists devoted to dealing with losses.

I will be super nice to Spike when I see him and maybe Louis will let him ride in his plane. Giant purrs to you at this saddest time. hug cat on moon
[notify]