GO!

My cat can't walk!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Sun Sep 29, '13 3:49pm PST 
My 19 year old cat ( history of hyperthyroid, crf, heart murmur, and arthritis and possibly high blood pressure) suddenly can't stand on her front right paw. She cannot walk at all. Can I wait until morning to bring her to her regular vet?
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Sun Sep 29, '13 4:18pm PST 
You said it was just one paw? can she get to the litter box or food and water bowls? is she in pain? we would depending on if she is not in pain or not, you can just keep a eye on her thru the night. if she is in pain or gets worst, i wouls take her to the er vet if you have one by you.
[notify]

Pookster

I mustache you a- question

Purred: Sun Sep 29, '13 4:58pm PST 
I have to bring her to the litter box and help hold her up, and bring food and water to her frown.
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Sun Sep 29, '13 8:26pm PST 
Well, if pookster can not walk, then you might want to consider a trip to the er vet, if you have not already gone.
[notify]

Pookster

I mustache you a- question

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 3:41am PST 
Thanks for the response. We ended up just snuggling her all night and making sure she didn't move ( taking her on periodic trips to the bathroom and bringing her food and water). We had a very bad experience at our emergency vet just about two weeks ago when Pookster had one pupil enlarged and the other small. They kept us there for three hours (we were the only ones there), charged us up the vazoo, and then told us "we don't know, go see your regular vet tomorrow." We didn't want a repeat experience - especially because the drive is 40 min plus 3 hrs is a long time for an injured cat who might not get proper treatment. Whew. Sorry that was long winded.
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 2:00pm PST 
any update on pookster?
[notify]

Nigel ~Angel- DB #41b

11 pounds of- pure love!

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 7:36pm PST 
Since she has a history of heart problems it may be a blood clot. We send lots of purrs for a speedy recovery. We hope she feels better soon. flowers

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Oct 1, '13 7:03pm PST 
Hoping Pookster is doing ok.
Crossing paws
Purrcy
[notify]