GO!

Possibility of Bastet having Cancer (Lymphoma)) :(

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Bastet

Pet me! :)

Purred: Tue Sep 24, '13 12:00pm PST 
Hi all. I just wanted to let you know that Bastet possibly has Lymphoma. I say possibly because we've only had one test done and the vet wants us to do another just to be sure (a PCR test I think).

I've had Leukemia myself, but I don't know if I could put my Bastet through chemo. There are steroids of course, but I've never dealt with a cat having cancer before.

I've had it with Cancer in my life. frown Could use a hug.
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Sep 25, '13 4:58am PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about Bastet. I had a similar scare with BK recently although he never got a definitive diagnosis. On the bright side, his oncologist said that chemo for cats is much different than chemo for people. They try not to give them so much that their quality of life is greatly affected. It's more about giving them a good life for as long as possible. They also seem to have great success with steroids. I hope Bastet's tests come out negative and we're sending purrs to both of you.
[notify]

Bastet

Purred: Wed Sep 25, '13 6:43am PST 
Thank you BK. I'll write updates as I get them from the vet. I've had so much cancer in my life (whether it's my parents, me, and now Bastet), I'm just sick of it. You know? But yes, hopefully the vet is mistaken (but probably not, as they're pretty darn good at Bastet's vet).
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Sun Sep 29, '13 7:22am PST 
I feel so bad for you. Although my vet also had said that kitties can tolerate chemo much better than we realize. I had this discussion with her when we were not sure if Maizy had IBD or lymphoma. The C is an evil evil thing - it has stolen much from so many people. I don't blame you for your feelings. Hoping that things go well for Bastet & for you. We are here for you...hughughughug
[notify]

Bastet

Purred: Mon Sep 30, '13 7:09am PST 
Thanks. They're doing a test (PARR) to see if it's cancer or not for sure (although sometimes the test isn't accurate >.
[notify]