GO!

Having my cats professionally groomed

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Claude- Hoppurr - Master GR- Com

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 12:27pm PST 
I have made an appt to have Claude and Marlin groomed next week - the day before our next show. Anything I should ask or mention?
I feel like I am "cheating" a bit because I normally would show-groom them myself, but I just will not have the time to bathe and groom them myself next week. Do you think this is "cheating"?
Thanks for any advice or insights!
[notify]

Sundance

Want a Smooch?

Purred: Thu Jun 20, '13 8:19pm PST 
In the horse show world, people have trainers to train their horses and those trainers hire people to groom the horses. And in the dog show world, most dogs have handlers to groom and show the dog (at least in the U.S. they do).

So I don't think you're cheating if you have someone else bathe your cats.

Claude- Hoppurr - Master GR- Com

Claude NOT- Clod!!!

Purred: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:37pm PST 
the grooming worked out purrfectly! I looked very nice and won 2 bests and one 2nd best(out of 5 rings)! Mumma thinks she will send me to the "spa" again if she can't make time before a show to make me beautiful! hail
[notify]

Sundance

Want a Smooch?

Purred: Mon Jul 1, '13 7:03pm PST 
way to go Congratulations! applause

Purred: Fri Aug 9, '13 11:10pm PST 
Congratulations on your wins at the cat show!

As a professional master pet stylist, a certified feline master groomer, and former breeder of many champion dogs, I can assure you that there is nothing wrong or "cheating" if using a professional groomer is more convenient for you. A serious amateur can present their pets at a equal level to a professional and vise versa. The most important ingredients in a well-presented pet is the long term health and vitality, and no amount of last minute grooming can improve what wasn't there in the first place.

Kudos to you for taking such good care of their daily maintenance and health and earning the ribbons.
[notify]