GO!

Xena is destroying my sofa

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Xena

They call me- Last Cat, now- why is that?

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 6:10am PST 
I have tried everything, double sided tape, water bottle, physically removing her and bringing her to her scratching pole, trimming her nails once a week, soft claws, nothing is working.

I can hear in behind the couch just clawing away. Getting her declawed is not an option as I feel that is just too cruel.

We are planning on getting a new couch this year but I want this problem fixed first. Any tips?
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 9:29am PST 
is something making her stressed in that area? fighting with old/new pets? new family member? cats outside? different smells?

you could try moving the couch and putting a post in the spot the couch use to be. you could try feliway spray.some people have luck with it. why didnt the nailcaps work?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 1:50pm PST 
My cats used to scratch the living room chairs until I put scratching posts next to each one. One is vertical, the other lies flat on the floor. They also have a big cat tree in the breakfast room with scratching surfaces on it. Now they rarely touch the chairs.
[notify]

Xena

They call me- Last Cat, now- why is that?

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 2:01pm PST 
The soft caps worked fine but when they came off she had trouble with 2 of them coming off and hurt her toe so I haven't used them again. I guess I will try more posts.
[notify]